Sunday, March 19, 2017

Baby Waterman: Week 37



How Far Along? 37 weeks

Size of the Baby: Romaine Lettuce (18.9 inches, 6.17 pounds according to The Bump app)

Gender: BOY!!

Weight Gain: +30 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Nursery: After my trip to Labor and Delivery last week, I went a little crazy ordering things off of our registry to feel like I was making progress on his nursery.  Once Tom was home from his trip, he really helped me get everything done in his room!  Lots of loads of laundry, getting equipment set up, and just overall organizing and I think we are almost ready for him!

Movement: Lots and lots of movements and they are all extremely painful since he is running out of room!

Symptoms: Haha, where do I start with this one?!  Mark came up to stay with us starting on Wednesday, March 8 (the day I flipped to 37 weeks).  That night, I started having pretty consistent contractions.  I kept track of them by using the stopwatch on my phone.  They still hadn't let up in the morning, so I kept track of them in the notes section on my phone.  They consistently stayed about 4 minutes apart and when I called my doctor, they told me to head over to Labor and Delivery.  We were there for several hours.  They checked me when I first got there (2.5 cm dilated, -1 station, and 70% effaced according to the nurse who checked me) and then monitored me for a little bit to see how intense my contractions were.  After awhile, they had me walk around the wing for 2 hours to see if it would kickstart a more intense labor.  Unfortunately, when they checked me after the 2 hours, nothing had progressed, despite still having contractions every 2 minutes.  They sent me home with instructions to come back if my water broke or if the contractions became so intense that I couldn't walk or talk through them.

My mom and sister headed up from North Carolina that night, just in case I wasn't going to make it through the weekend without going into labor.  We went on lots of walks, tried all sorts of labor inducing tactics, and just had lots of waiting and watching.  The contractions continued and actually go intense enough on Saturday for Tom and I to make a return trip to Labor and Delivery.  Unfortunately upon being checked there, I hadn't progressed at all and my contractions were extremely inconsistent.  So we got sent home again.

Sleep: No sleep for me this week with all of the contractions--I have actually been trying to take a Benedryl to help with my crazy congestion and it actually is helping me to fall asleep for at least a little bit at night before I get woken up from the contractions.

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings this week...honestly I'm not that hungry and have to really make it a point to eat dinner each night.

What I Miss: Nothing!

Best Moment of the Week: Having family in town just in case baby boy decided to make his appearance.  Even though I felt bad that they made a wasted trip since he wasn't ready to come out yet, it was nice getting to spend some time with everyone.  Plus we had some good food!

Our 37 week appointment was also a giant highlight--the doctor measured my progress at almost 3 cm dilated, 0 station, and about 80% effaced.  I was still having consistent contractions and since we had already made three trips to Labor and Delivery for preterm labor, she went ahead and had us schedule an induction for the day I turn 39 weeks.  At our hospital, they cannot offer "help" for mom's in labor until they are 39 weeks along or if they show signs of progress.  Well since little man wants to come out as evidenced by his determination to drop so early and start the dilation progress, but just doesn't want to advance any further, she said that the next step was to schedule an induction.  We are definitely a little shocked that he will be here either Wednesday or Thursday, but I am definitely relieved to see an end in sight.  I have loved every minute of being pregnant, but having to deal with contractions for going on two weeks is a lot!

Looking Forward To: Getting to meet our little guy!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished