Sunday, March 19, 2017

Baby Waterman: Week 36



How Far Along? 36 weeks

Size of the Baby: Papaya (18.7 inches, 5.73 pounds according to The Bump app)

Gender: BOY!!

Weight Gain: +30 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Nursery: My plan was to spend the weekend working on the baby's nursery while Tom was away on a work trip, but baby had other ideas!  I was on a self-imposed bed rest (well imposed by my mother-in-law over at their house), but more on that below.

Movement: Lots and lots of movement, coupled with some contractions.

Symptoms: Well, where do I start?  Wednesday (March 1) I was afraid that my water had broken while I was at work.  I called the on-call nurse at my OB's office and she advised to watch my symptoms for two hours and call back to report what I was seeing.  I left work early so that I could be home to monitor the situation and then I called back.  They advised me to head on over to Labor and Delivery so they could test to see if my water had actually broken, especially since my labs had come back positive for Strep B, so if I was in labor, they needed to start the antibiotics quickly.  I called my mother-in-law to see if she would take me to the hospital, since Tom was out of town.  We spent a few hours in the hospital, where it was determined that my water had not broken, but I was having contractions about every ten minutes.  We got discharged and my mother-in-law told me that I was going to spend the rest of the week and the weekend with them to make sure that I wasn't going to go into labor (and she knew if I was home alone, I would have kept going to work and doing too much around the house).

I continued having contractions the rest of the week/weekend, but they slowly started to dissipate.  Needless to say, my last day at work was me running out the door afraid that I had gone into labor.  It was definitely not how I wanted my last day to be, but they knew that I needed to take care of myself and baby.

Sleep: Sleep has not been happening.  Naps in the afternoon are about the only way I am not a walking zombie!

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings this week...honestly I'm not that hungry and have to really make it a point to eat dinner each night.

What I Miss: Nothing!

Best Moment of the Week: After the excitement of going to Labor and Delivery without Tom, the best moment of the week was finding out that he was not going to have to travel for work the following week to Pittsburgh.  That was a major weight off of my shoulders!

Our 36 week appointment was also a wonderful highlight of the week--the ultrasound showed that he was already up to 6 lbs. 7 oz.  I had also progressed a little further--around 70% effaced, between 2-3 cm dilated, and 0 station.  We had definitely made a lot of progress!

Looking Forward To: Our 37 week appointment (if we make it to it!)

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished