Monday, February 13, 2017

Baby Waterman: Week 28





How Far Along? 28 weeks

Size of the Baby: Eggplant (14.8 inches, 2.20 pounds according to The Bump app)

Gender: BOY!!

Weight Gain: +24 pounds for the pregnancy {oof}

Maternity Clothes: Without a doubt, I am wearing all maternity clothes at this point.  While I was back home, we went to the outlets and I bought a few more sweaters that will carry me through this pregnancy and into nursing.  I really don't want to buy many more purely maternity pieces at this point, although I do think I will pick up one more pair of maternity leggings because they are so comfortable I live in them when I am not at work.

Nursery: Nothing has changed this week--we were planning on spending the weekend unboxing and sorting his things we got over Christmas, but we ended up getting a blizzard that sent us over to Tom's parents' house for the weekend.  We decided to head over to their house because they have a fireplace/generator if we were to lose power and they have a fenced in yard making it easy for Elli to go outside.  Plus, Tom is super paranoid that I am going to slip and fall.

Movement: Since going back to work, I didn't notice much movement during the days {which makes me really sad}.  However, in the mornings and at night, I felt him move up a storm!

Symptoms: Feet swelling, nasal congestion, and lower breast bone pain are here to stay, I think.  I have been quite congested since before Christmas and my feet started to resemble Fred Flinstone's feet after sitting at my desk all day.  I had my 28 week appointment today and was re-assured that it is perfectly normal at this stage in pregnancy.  She said that the breast bone pain is just from stretching and, again, quite normal.  Honestly, this pregnancy has been {knock on wood} really nice so if I have to deal with some aches and pains here in the last trimester, I am a-okay!

Sleep: Sleep has still been quite illusive--some nights I sleep fine and some nights I am wide awake.

Cravings/Aversions: I am still loving the Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich.  I really need to start limiting myself on how often I eat them because I know fast food is not good for me or the baby, but they taste so good!

What I Miss: Nothing!

Best Moment of the Week: Experiencing a big snow storm!  Elli is in her element when she is out in the snow and it was so much fun to see her and Baloo {Tom's parents' dog} romping around and wrestling in the snow.

We also had our 28 week appointment today {Monday, January 9}.  Everything is right on check, my blood pressure was excellent, weight gain is good, and baby's heartrate was 150 bpm.  The only thing I couldn't take care of today was getting my Rhogam shot {since I'm Rh-] and Tdap vaccine.  They said that due to the blizzard, their shipment had been delayed and I have to call back later this week to come in to get them taken care of.

Looking Forward To: Working more on the nursery and getting our house organized, overall.  I feel like since we moved into our house several years ago, we have always been on the go, go, go and we haven't actually gone through anything.  Maybe it's nesting taking over?!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished