Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Baby Waterman: Week 23



How Far Along? 23 weeks

Size of the Baby: Grapefruit {11.3 inches and 1.10 pounds according to The Bump app}

Gender: BOY!! 

Weight Gain: At my last visit, I have gained a total of 4 pounds.  After all of the good food I've eaten the past two weeks with family in town, I am very scared to step on the scale at my next doctor's visit!

Maternity Clothes: Without a doubt, I am in maternity clothes.  I am still able to mix in a few non-maternity sweaters, but bring on the elastic waistband!!

Nursery: When Dad was in town this past weekend, he helped us move out the four poster bed from the guest room to exchange for the trundle bed we had in storage at Tom's parents's house.  Tom and I put that together in the baby's room last night (with just a little blood shed on  my part) and we are looking forward to more cleaning and purging to get the room ready for little man.

Movement: Yes! I was actually able to see a few of his kicks and punches through my shirt on Saturday!  Tom and my mom are still the only people that have been able to feel baby.  It's actually pretty funny but every time we go to Tom's parents', it's like the baby is asleep and his mom is dying to feel him move!  I just keep telling her that before long, he'll be moving all over the place.

Symptoms: I am still pretty tired most days and am still having pretty significant right hip pain.  I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant and still trying to operate at my normal activity level of go go go, and really need to learn to do things in moderation!  Still just taking it all in stride and overall enjoying pregnancy!

Sleep: Sleep this week hasn't been quite as bad as last week--I'm still waking up finding myself tangled in my Snoogle and on my back.  Any hints on staying asleep on your side?!  Also not quite so glamorous, but I finally got my night guard fixed at the dentist this week which will help with my teeth clinching and grinding at night.

Cravings/Aversions: Milk!  I have never ever been a milk drinker my entire life, but I have been craving a glass with breakfast everyday.

What I Miss: There is nothing that I miss too much--just blue cheese and sushi!  But I will give up anything to keep Baby Boy healthy!

Best Moment This Week: The best moment of the week was getting to spend so much time with my family.  My mom and sister came up over Thanksgiving and my dad came up this past weekend.  This is such a special time in our lives and I am so thankful for family making the time to come see us and share in the excitement!

Looking Forward To: We have our 24 week appointment on Monday {also the glucose test} and I'm just excited to hear little man's heartbeat again!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished