Monday, May 6, 2013

What I've Been Up To

Long time, no blogging.  That seems to be a pattern that I just cannot break--I'm not sure if I just don't know what to blog about or what, but I have got to get back in the saddle! I really miss blogging!

Last weekend, Tom surprised me with tickets to go see Les Miserables in Norfolk.  I had such a wonderful time!  It had been so long since I had seen a Broadway musical {the last time was when I went to New York in 9th grade and saw Hairspray and Wicked} and even though this one was technically off-Broadway, it was unbelievable!  I now remember why I loved them so much!  I joked that he had created a monster because they have season passes you can buy to see all of their shows--next season Mamma Mia and Chicago are coming through.  Maybe I can convince him to at least buy me tickets to one {or both} of those shows!!




Tom and I are currently in the process of buying a townhome.  It is a new-construction, so new, in fact, that they are just now starting to build it.  I don't want to say too much, because we are just now in the process of signing all of the necessary loan papers and don't want to jinx us!  That sounds so silly typing out, but I am just so excited!  We are buying in the same neighborhood that our apartment is {in fact, we can see the job site from our building} and are so excited that we get to stay pretty much where we are!

{I am trying to take progress pictures...}




{This is what the building will look like, but it will be different colors!}

Tom and I have found a new wine that I am absolutely loving!  It is ever so slightly bubbled and it is just so light and refreshing and perfect for a warm evening!  We found this at Harris Teeter.


I saw this scarf on ModCloth and knew that I had to have it!  We love seafood and love having steamed crabs during the summer and just thought it was perfect!


I saw these Tory Burch sunglasses at TJ Maxx for $49.99.  They had been stretched out and were too big for my head, which makes me so sad because they were absolutely adorable on!  Maybe they'll have more next time I go in!



This IS what I walked away from TJ Maxx with...


The red wedges reminded me of a pair from Kate Spade that I loved, but could not justify the price.  These are BCBG and were must more friendly on my wallet!  Tom and I are packing our lunches more frequently and I thought these were such cool containers--the salad goes in the bottom container and you put your salad toppings in the top tray and then there's a little dressing container.  And, I'm just a sucker for fun cocktail napkins!

I found these adorable notebooks at Target and had a hard time just walking away with two.  If you've been reading my blog for any bit of time, you know that I am absolutely obsessed with office supplies.  Through in polka dots and I am sold!  These are perfect mini notebooks and I love that they are spiral bound!


I hope that everyone has a fantastic Monday!!

Follow on Bloglovin

 photo BlogSignature-3.png

2 comments :

Casey said...

Les Miserables! So So jealous! I'm a big Les Mis nerd (even before the movie) and wish it would come to Austin!

Congrats on the new house, looks so cute!

Brianna said...

I've been DYING to see Les Mis on broadway!! When I finally went to NY for the first time in September I was so sad to see that Les Mis wasn't there... and it was actually in my hometown that exact weekend! I have bad luck ;)

So exciting y'all are buying a townhouse!! Those look so so cute! I'm excited to see more progress pictures (:

Such great TJ MAXX finds!!
I'm totally a sucker for office supplies too! Especially stationary haha

Blog Design by Get Polished