Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chalkboard DIY



I pinned this print on Pinterest a few weeks ago because I just absolutely love this song!  I was thinking about printing it out and framing it, but we have seriously zero space to put picture frames in our home, so I had to come up with something else.

I have been wanting to DIY a chalkboard to put up on one of the walls for a really long time but just never got around to doing it.  Last Sunday I really just got antsy and had to do it THAT DAY.  {Am I the only one that obsesses about something until I finally do it??}

Tom and I headed over to Goodwill to see if I could find a really pretty picture frame with a wood back {apparently that is the best to paint chalkboard paint over}.  Unfortunately, The Will did not have anything like that.  However, my fabulous husband found a good sized, wood framed chalkboard.  So, $3.25 later, I had my chalkboard.  I was not, however, all about the wood frame.  A quick trip to Walmart for acrylic paint and a foam brush solved that problem!

I chose to paint it a bone/off-white color to still be neutral but not blend in with our walls.





{Please ignore my clutter!}


I am so excited to change out the sayings with each season or my mood!!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Lauren H. Edmondson said...

absolutely adore this (and The Lumineers). Such a fun way to change up your wall art according to your mood :)

Blog Design by Get Polished