Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Girl and Her Music

I have always loved music! Ever since I was a little girl, my favorite thing to do was to listen and sing along to music. As a little girl, musicals were my favorite movies {I wore out multiple Mary Poppins video tapes} and my mom always put my sister and I to sleep with classical music.

 

Not only has my love for music grown over the years, but my tastes in music have truly developed. I honestly have an appreciation for all types of music: from classical to class rock, and pop to hip hop, I love them all {some more than others, but I do appreciate true musicians}.

 

I don't know about y'all, but I feel like music is like a soundtrack to my life. I can hear a song and it can instantly transport me back in time to an event that occurred while I heard the song, or a movie/tv show that I watched that played the song.

 

Music also has the ability to completely change my day. Just Friday, I was dragging on my way to work because I knew that I still would have one more half day to work {we rotate Saturdays at the Pediatricians office I work at--we are open half days on Saturdays for sick call}. I scavenged through my CDs and found one that I knew would put a pep in my step--Aqua. I have probably had this cd for 10+ years, but the fast beats definitely brightened my morning.

 

This weekend is a big music weekend for me. We are leaving this afternoon to go see Aerosmith in concert. My fingers and toes are still crossed in hopes that it does not end up getting cancelled. You see, we were originally supposed to go see the concert July 3, but Steven Tyler was under doctors orders not to sing that night. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I have wanted to go see Aerosmith ever since I was a little girl. I grew up on Aerosmith and have listened to it religiously. In fact, despite my quick trip to the Aqua cd, the only other cd that I listen to in my car is the greatest hits of Aerosmith.

 

 



I am so, so excited for the concert tonight!! It is up near DC, so it's going to be about a three and a half hour car ride...again, it is so worth it to finally be able to see them in concert!!

 

If you aren't already, follow me on Instagram {courtneywaterman} for picture updates from the day!

 

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished