Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Happenings: Birthday Dinner

Tom's family wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday and since it falls on a Tuesday this year, we went on Saturday.  I got to choose the restaurant, and after a lot of deliberation, decided on Japanese.  I absolutely love Japanese food, but only really go on special occasions, so this was definitely a special treat!

Tom and I got dressed up somewhat fancy {hey, it is a far cry from the black yoga pants I live in on weekends!} and left with his parents for dinner.


Dinner was absolutely amazing!  We had the most entertaining chef who got everyone at the table involved in the meal!  He even had all of us trying to catch shrimp in my mouth and I have NEVER been willing to do that before!!

Here is my handsome husband and myself at dinner:


This is the funny thing: at the end of the meal, the waitresses bring the checks and fortune cookies.  We all like to choose our own fortune cookie, so that we have control over the fortune we choose.  I picked mine and then Tom.  He opened his first, but I was busy talking and finishing my meal.  He read his fortune and I made the joke, "well I guess that's how you should handle our marriage...good advice!"  I opened my cookie and got the EXACT same fortune!  That is too weird!  Maybe we should play the numbers in the lottery...


I hope y'all had a fantastic weekend!!

Photobucket

2 comments :

Kristina said...

You look so beautiful. I love the necklace and it looks super cute with the pink pants. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Beverly said...

LOVEEEEEEEE your necklace girlie!!

Blog Design by Get Polished