Monday, June 25, 2012

Work Wedding Shower

I am so far behind blogging, but I was waiting to get some pictures from family members before I started updating y'all {pictures always make posts better...duh!}.  So, what I'm going to do is take the pre-wedding/wedding/honeymoon day-by-day to make sure that the posts don't become overwhelming, while making sure to document everything!

I am going to start with my surprise wedding shower at work...

The Tuesday before the wedding {June 5}, I got a message in my work e-mail that we had a mandatory work meeting.  I thought, "great, the day before we leave for the wedding and honeymoon and I have a million and one errands to run, I have to stay during my one-hour lunch break for a meeting!"  To say I was excited, would be completely false!

My co-worker and I walked over to clock out and into the lunch room and I noticed the room was decorated shabby chic and pink and girly.  I thought, "Oh no, I forgot someone's baby shower {we have several pregnant gals at work}."  But everyone was waiting for my reaction!  They completely got me!  I was so shocked, I don't even know what my reaction was!!

The food was so delicious--they had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and for dessert--banana pudding!! They even gave me gifts--so unexpected, but so nice!

My co-workers are so sweet! I was not expecting anything from them and they completely surprised me!  It was the best way to send me off for my big weekend!




Still to come--Bridesmaids Gift Bags, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Preparations, Wedding Day, and Honeymoon Recap

I hope y'all are having a great Monday!!

Photobucket

3 comments :

brittany kuhn said...

That's awesome!!! So much better than a meeting (: cannot wait to hear more about the wedding and honeymoon!

Allison said...

How sweet!! Surprises are so fun!

Amanda said...

I love that they threw you a bridal shower! That's so incredibly sweet of them :)

Blog Design by Get Polished