Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother of All Updates

I hope y'all didn't think I dropped off the face of the Earth!  I have been running all over the place like a crazy person trying to get everything in order for the wedding {one month from tomorrow...eek!}.  I thought I would do an update, complete with pictures, to fill y'all in on what's been going on and so when I come back to this post a year from now I can remember what I was up to!!

Weekend of April 27-29, 2012


I spent the weekend cleaning up my room.  No seriously.  I have been saying since we moved in here that I was going to get the room somewhat organized.  And, we've been here since last June.  I finally decided to tackle my itty-bitty closet.  As Tom's mom says, that room was the guest room for a reason!





Monday, April 30, 2012


Tom and I left early in the morning to go get our marriage license!!  We had to drive down to Moyock, NC to get it, since that is the state that we are getting married in.  It only took us about 45 minutes to get down there and we were the only people there!  I thought we would have to wait forever {kind of like the DMV}.  It was funny, the woman that was helping us sounded just like my Aunt Judy.  I didn't say anything to Tom, but when we walked out he said "She sounded just like your Aunt!"  Guess I wasn't crazy and imagining things!!

{So excited to get our marriage license!!}

{Patiently waiting...}

After we got back, Tom had to head off to work.  Tom's mom and I went strawberry picking in the afternoon.  It was the absolute perfect day for it...the sun was shining but it was almost about 60* outside!  We got two huge baskets of strawberries from all of our hard work!




Tuesday, May 1, 2012


My outfit of the day for work: dark chambray dress from Target, Slane bumblebee necklace, and shoes from TJ Maxx.  This outfit was just so comfortable for work!!



I also realized how busy May is already shaping up to be!!


Wednesday, May 2, 2012


I wore my new H&M paisley dress to work.  I am loving that the weather is finally warm outside and I can bust out my sun dresses!!  Nothing makes me more happy than wearing sun dresses and sandals...nothing is more comfortable either!!


Tom and I ran out after dinner to get me some gas and Elli rode with us.  She started out in the back seat, but quickly realized that her daddy's lap was much more comfortable!



Thursday, May 3, 2012


Tom left for Massachusetts last Thursday...sad day!  I did wear one of my favorite dresses to work that day, though.  I think I have worn this dress one other time, despite it being one of my favorites!!


I opened up one of my new Scentsy's that evening and am completely in love with this scent!  It is like springtime in a bar...I have got to order more of them to stockpile {if you can't tell by my coffee supply in my closet, I like a good stockpile!}.


Friday, May 4, 2012


Oh, Fridays, you are so good to me!  I love Fridays at work because we can wear jeans to work if we donate a dollar to March of Dimes {the benefit of working at a pediatricians office!}.

Elli sent her daddy a "good morning picture" to start the day out with.


A dear friend sent me a sweet message that just absolute made my day!!


I ordered a new phone case...


{Does anyone else get wildly competitive when it comes to eBay? Nope? Just me?}

I sent out a "Happy Friday" message to my lovely followers on Instagram {follow me if you don't...I am really starting to use it!!}


And I was so excited to head home from work for a fun bridal shower weekend!!



Saturday, May 5, 2012


Tom's mom {Tavia} and I left for North Carolina early Saturday morning.  I decided to wear a black t-shirt and white jeans for the trip.

{Ignore the messy room... I was packing FAST!!}

We stopped to use the restroom, and I quickly re-learned why I despise public bathrooms!!


Yes, the lock was hanging off of the door so that I couldn't lock the stall.  Ick.

I had to take a better picture of my outfit...


When we got to Lexington, we went straight to my favorite barbeque restaurant {ironically, I do not get barbeque...they have the best hot dogs!!}.

I had to get a picture with my sister!


That afternoon, we went and showed Tavia around our wedding venue, since she hadn't seen it yet!  We are going to have such a beautiful venue, especially when we get it all decorated!!

We then headed over to David's Bridal to get my dress fitted!  Sorry...no pictures of this!  Not that I don't have them, but Tom {occasionally} reads this blog and he can't see it yet!

After the fitting, we went to a restaurant called Sweet Potatoes for dinner.  We started dinner out with a drink called "The Babydoll" and it was so yummy! It tasted like we were at the beach!  For dinner, I had the half portion of the boneless fried chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and regular potatoes AND a side of fried okra.  I love me some southern food!!



Sunday, May 6, 2012


The day of my bridal shower!!  I will dedicate a whole post to this later on this week, but it was absolutely wonderful and I had a great afternoon chatting with some great friends!

Here are just a few pictures off of my phone...


{Can you see the squirrel hanging by his tail to get the berries...too funny!!}


{Ignore the decorations on my sister's mirror! But, this was my outfit I wore to the shower.}


{My sister, mom, and me before the shower}


{I was blown away by the generosity of my friends and family at my shower.  I am beyond blessed!}

After the shower, Tavia, Mattie, and I went out to dinner with Dad and Betsy.  We went to a little restaurant in Winston and it was absolutely delicious!!




Monday, May 7, 2012


We got back a little after lunchtime and I went straight to work getting our invitations stamped and in the mail.  You have no idea how happy I was that Tavia sat down with me to get them all stamped...172 total envelopes total stamped {86 invitations and then 86 reply cards}.


It is getting so close!!!

Goodness gracious, I cannot go this long again between updates!!  Bless your heart if you made it all the way to the end!! :-)

Photobucket

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished