Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend of 1/27/12 Recap

Better late than never, huh?

In my defense, I have been feeling pretty sick for the past several days and just haven't felt up to blogging much.

However, I do want to blog about the weekend of January 27, 2012 because we got some MAJOR wedding planning done!

I left work early that Friday to head back to North Carolina with Tom.  We got home around 7:00 and mom had dinner ready for us {barbeque chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans--yum!}.  After dinner, we went uptown to a new bar to see a band play.

The next morning, we ran some errands around town and then got my taxes done {fun, fun, I know!}.  In the afternoon, we met my dad, Betsy, and grandparents for dinner at PF Changs.  While we were waiting for our table to be ready, we were browsing around Swoozies and my grandmother pointed out some beautiful wedding invitations.  While we were looking through their giant book for pricing information, I spied some very simple, elegant invitations that I really liked.  We got them priced to and they are right on the money!! :-)  We are going to do the cream colored {behind the white}.



After dinner, we went over to Maxie B's bakery to taste our wedding cake!  We decided on white cake with a strawberry filling and buttercream icing!  I also picked out our design {something very similar to the following...}




We did find out that we would have to go to Plan B for the bridesmaids' dresses--the ones we bought last year do not fit anymore.  Not to worry: I'm going to go back up to the Outlets in Williamsburg to try to find some great dresses for cheap!

When we got back on Sunday, I found out my new Virginia driver's license came in the mail!  Look how different I look between ages 18 and 22!!


I hope y'all have a great day!!

Photobucket

3 comments :

Kristina said...

The invites and the cake look wonderful! Cant wait to see everything come together!

Life With Lauren said...

Love the invites and the cake looks amazing! Hope your feeling better!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

The cake sounds delish!! How fun to be crossing things off the wedding to do list.

Blog Design by Get Polished