Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wedding: Cake, Bouquets, and Bridesmaids Dresses

Hey y'all! I'm sorry I have been so MIA this week...things have been crazy here!  I thought that I would share with you guys some updates for our wedding {which is less than 4 months away...eek!}.

The Cake


As you guys know, last time we were in North Carolina, we went and tasted cakes at the cutest bakery: Maxie B's.  We decided on the strawberry filled, butter cream iced cake...so delicious!!  Dad and Betsy are going over there this weekend to officially place the order! I am so excited!!

This is similar to the design that we chose {subtract the flowers and maybe add hydrangeas}:




The Bouquets


For the bridesmaids, I want to do all blue hydrangeas.  Very simple.

Something like this:



{But in blue}

For me, I want an all-white bouquet.  I am not sure if I want hydrangeas or if I want roses, or some combination of the two.

Here are some of my favorites:





Source: bing.com via Courtney on Pinterest


I love the black and white striped ribbon on this one:




I really want to wrap the bouquets in ribbon and have a vintage brooch on it, but I'm not sure!!

Bridesmaids Dresses


So after finding out that the dresses that we had purchased, I decided to order simple black dresses instead of making the girls buy ANOTHER aqua dress they would never wear again!

Here is the one that I picked out:



I think that's about it for now for wedding updates!  I'm going back home the first weekend in March to figure out the menu/visit the venue with my mom and order invitations with my grandmother.  I am so excited!!

Photobucket

5 comments :

Amanda said...

You're going to have a beautiful and classic wedding, Courtney! Glad so much is coming together for you!

Katie said...

That bridesmaid dress looks SO much like the one my bridesmaids wore! They were SOOO nice! Plus, they found them at Marshall's, and they only cost $30!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Love the bridesmaids dresses...definitely a classic LBD

Suze said...

Stumbled upon your blog would love to email you and get to know you :)

bestpmchennai said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


Bridesmaid Dresses UK

Blog Design by Get Polished