Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tag, I'm It!

Lauren from On a Lighter Note tagged me in a fun post, so now it's my turn to answer the questions.

First, the rules:

1. You must post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 11 new question for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

11 Fun Facts About Moi

1. I watch way too much television.  There, I've said it.  My current favorites are: How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, Bones, Body of Proof, True Blood {even though it's not on right now}...and so many more than that I can't even think of them!

2. I have turned in to a reading machine since graduating!  I am almost up to date on the Sookie Stackhouse series {waiting for the library to get the newest one back in stock}--I've only been reading them since mid-June!!  I would love some recommendations for some new series!!

3. I wear glasses--but not enough!  I don't know if it's forgetfulness or just defiance; I just don't wear them.  I am hoping to get a brand-spanking-new pair soon so maybe that will get me to wearing them!

4. I used to HATE guacamole and avocados and now I cannot get enough of them!  I still prefer my guacamole to be fresh and chunky, but I just never knew what I was missing!

5. I have a HUGE sweet tooth!  {Which is not good when you are trying to lose weight for your wedding...}  My current favorites are Jolly Ranchers, Gobstoppers, and Hershey bars.  I try to limit myself to one or two tiny pieces a day, just to satisfy that sweet tooth!

6. I am looking so forward to our honeymoon!  We are going to Orlando and have a lot of fun stuff planned, including Disney World, World of Harry Potter, and a Tampa Bay Rays game {they are playing the Mets the week we are down there--Tom's favorite MLB team!!}.  I am looking forward to some fun and relaxation...only a little over 4 months away!!

7.  My pet peeve is people picking/grazing at food.  I do not "do" buffets or pot-lucks.  It really and seriously grosses me out to deal with other people messing with my food!

8. Much like Lauren, I seem to leave bobbi pins in every single room.  They just multiply, I swear!

9.  Every time someone leaves, I always tell them I love them and to be careful--always have, always will!

10. I always write out to-do lists--for work, wedding planning, groceries, Target, things to accomplish...it makes me feel so good to mark things off of the list! {I am totally guilty of writing things down that I have already done, just so I can mark it off!}

11. I have been cooking up a storm lately...and I'm loving every minute of it!  It has definitely helped build my confidence in the kitchen {especially when Tom's dad told me that I'm 100% with all of my dishes I've cooked!!}

Lauren's Questions

1. If you got to choose your name what would it be?
I really like my name {Courtney Hill}.  Hill is my mom's middle name, my grandmother's middle name, and my Great-Grandmother's last name.  My favorite girls names are Sophia, Lucy, and Elisabeth...maybe for future babies...

2. Who is your favorite {clothing} designer?
Right now, I'm loving J. Crew, Ann Taylor Loft, and {as always} 7 for All Mankind and Citizens of Humanity--too bad I can't afford any of their jeans right now!!

3. What is your biggest "what if" moment?
Oh, for sure, my biggest "what if" moment is "What if I didn't got to Elon and meet Tom?  Where would I be now?"  Don't worry--I am totally 110% happy that that is how it worked out, but it scares me to wonder "what if" about that!

4. What is your go-to method for relieving stress?
Asking Tom for a shoulder massage!  I hold ALL of my stress in my shoulders and nothing beats a good massage and heating up my new shoulder heating pad!!

5. If you could have any occupation what would it be?
I am very happy with what I'm doing now!  I am an administrative assistant for a doctor {the practice I work for, each doctor has their own specific administrative assistant and nurse} and love that I get to interact with kids everyday!  If I could re-do college, I would continue to pursue a career in teaching--I really think I would love to teach.

6. What's your favorite way to kill time?
Reading blogs, browsing through Pinterest, shopping

7. If you could only watch ONE tv show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh man, this is a tough one!  Right now, I would say Modern Family.  That show always makes me laugh!!

8.Do you have a signature hairstyle or a "go-to" look? What is it?
I always twist my bangs back!  I just can't stand to have hair in my face all day!  I either twist my bangs up and pull my hair back into a low ponytail or I straighten my hair out.  Just depends on how much time I have in the morning!

9. How do you spend most weekends (when you have nothing specific planned)?
Most weekends, Tom and I try to run our errands on Saturday {Target, grocery store, etc.} and then I come back and cook something for dinner.  Sunday, we usually hang around the house, watch sports, and I read.  Laundry is usually a big priority on weekends, too!

10. Wal-Mart or Target?
Target!

11. What do you call a carbonated beverage? (i.e. pop, soda, a drink, coke)
Coke

My Questions for You


1. What is your favorite movie?
2. Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, or Diet Pepsi?
3. If you could relive one day of your life, when would it be?
4. What is your go-to meal?
5. Do you have a quote that you try to live by?
6. Where do you like to shop?
7. What would be your dream vacation?
8. How do you relax and de-stress?
9. What are your favorite books?
10. What does your normal day look like?
11. White gold or yellow gold?

I tag:

Shelli @ Everyday Everharts
Kate @ Kate as of Late
Michelle @ The Vintage Apple
Allison @ Moments Like This
Jenny @ Strickly Stricklands
MJ @ Teaching in Heels
Magan @ A Touch of Class
Jennifer @ Perfectly Imperfect
Sara @ Living Our Dream
Ashley @ Life After the Aisle
Kathleen@ Places I Will Go
Amanda @ Simple Girl, Simple Pleasures


Photobucket

5 comments :

Allison said...

Thanks for the tag!! I will post about this tomorrow!! & you and your soon to be husband (I loved when people said that about us haha) are precious as well!!

Kathleen said...

You're going to Disney World for you Honeymoon! I'll be there, well obviously because I work there! But yay! That is so exciting! Make sure yall just Just Married buttons! Oh and the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom ears too! :) Thanks for tagging me! :)

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Thanks for tagging me girlie! :) I'll be posting this week.

I'm always pinning my hair back too. I can't stand to have it falling in my face, but love the way it looks, oh well.

Amanda said...

Thanks for taggging me! I loved reading your fun facts. I also used to HATE guac and avocados. But now I love guac, and will eat avocados when I crave them ;) And we have the same clothing designers... Happy Thursday!

Jenny said...

Thanks for tagging me!!! YAY I love doing things like this!!!

We are SO much alike!!! Seriously!!!

I watch too much TV... MY hubby fusses at me because of it! I also have a huge sweet tooth! I beleive that when I eat I should always have something for dessert! I can see this catching up with me since I am in my later twenties! I refuse to eat at buffets!!! They gross me out to the point I get sick to my stomach even thinking about them! Eww!!!

My middle name is Elisabeth! Growing up I hated it! I have grown to love it over the last few years... My sister even gave my first niece the same middle name! Its a bond we will share forever!!!

And what is this about a shoulder heating pad? I so need this! I carry all my stress in my shoulders too and my husband gives horrible massages!! Horrible!!!

I can't wait to post mine!!! =)

Blog Design by Get Polished