Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekend Recap

This is definitely a late weekend recap, but I wanted to make sure it made it to the blog!!

Saturday, I had to work.  We are open from 9-11 for same day sick, so the administrative assistants rotate which Saturday they work.  This Saturday was mine!  It really isn't that bad...we get there at about 8:15 and leave around 11 {or whenever the patients all leave...this week it was 12}.

My outfit I wore to work:


{sweater and top: lands end canvas}
{jeans: old navy}
{shoes: tory burch}

I got really excited when I saw the google homepage on Saturday...it's the little things!


I also loved the commercial a few years ago for Dark Chocolate M&Ms...it was the Addams Family and super cute...I'm a sucker for great advertising!

After work, I went straight to Trevor's basketball game {Trevor is Tom's brother for any new followers!}.  He played great! I didn't get there until halftime, but I saw him make several points and lots of steals...it was a lot of fun!

Tom and I headed to Panera after the game for a quick lunch and then we were off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to register!  Holy cow, it was a lot of fun!  I will do a whole entire post on this later this week...it is too much to put in this post!!

Saturday night, we stayed in and ate spaghetti...great meal!

Sunday, we hung around the house and watched a whole lot of football!!  We were cheering on the Giants and the Broncos...both were great games and we had a good day!  I made a delicious "chicken chili" as I call it...I will be posting this recipe soon!!

Monday was Tom's mom's birthday.  She wanted to go up to the outlets in Williamsburg, and I was more than game!!  Unfortunately, the Kate Spade outlet was closed :-(  I was really upset about this...I am not even going to lie!  I did find a great bag at the Coach outlet that I almost bought, but decided to wait until we can make it back up there to check out the Kate Spade store, since that was really what I wanted!

I did, however, find two dresses that I loved from the White House Black Market Outlet {I didn't even know that they had an outlet store!!}.  I reasoned with myself that I could get one to wear to our rehearsal dinner...but then it came down to choosing which one.

These were the two dresses:




{Both look much better in person and not with iPhone quality pictures!!}

After a lot of deliberating and trying them on multiple times, I decided on the black and white dress.  I just thought it was more special!! I also found a pair of jeans and a pullover that I can wear this weekend in DC.

Once we got back from the outlets, I set to work making a birthday dinner for Tom's mom.  I cooked Italian pork chops, homemade cream corn, mashed potatoes, candied carrots, and a Hershey Bar Pie for dessert! We were all stuffed!!

It was such a busy weekend and this work week is shaping up to be pretty hectic, as well!

In wedding news, I talked with our photographer tonight and secured our date! Yay!!  Tom and I are working on settling on a package we want and hopefully will be getting our deposit in the mail this week!!

Thank you all so much for your input on my last post...can you tell that the stress was starting to affect me?!  I am feeling much better this week...thanks in large part to you ladies!! Thank you so much for calming me down!! :-)

I hope y'all are having a great week so far!!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Allison said...

I love that black and white dress!! Beautiful!

Blog Design by Get Polished