Monday, January 2, 2012

One Word

I saw this cute idea for one word that you want to represent the new year over on Magan's blog {A Touch of Class--check it out!!}.  Her word for the year of 2012 was "grow" and she explained why the word was fitting for what she wants to accomplish this year.  I am going to follow her example and set myself a word to follow for 2012!

My word is going to be PAUSE.

{one}

I need to pause and enjoy where I am right now in my life.  I am constantly thinking about the future and trying to get there as fast as I can because I am so excited for what it holds.  Tom and I are living rent-free with his parents and I need to pause and enjoy not having to pay bills {besides those stupid student loans}.  I need to realize that those "real world" experiences are going to come soon!!

{two}

I need to pause and look forward to planning our wedding.  It is so easy to get caught up in the maddness of planning--choosing a venue, making sure everyone that needs to get invited gets invited, making sure the dress fits--that you don't actually enjoy the planning!  I really need to focus on getting things together for our big day {less than 6 months now!} but I also need to pause and enjoy this time in our lives!!

{three}

I feel like I take my loved ones for granted at times.  We all get super busy and don't always make the time to really "talk" each and every day.  Now, don't get me wrong, I talk to my mom and dad everyday, but I feel like sometimes the conversations are just going through the motions.  I really want to pause and take the time to know what is going on in my parents and sister's lives and feel like I am a part of it even though I am not living near them.  I also need to pause and appreciate my time with Tom.  We work all day and by the time we get home we basically just sit beside each other to eat dinner and watch something on television and then it is time for bed.  I want us to pause and have real conversations each night!!  That is something that is so important in a relationship!

{four}

I want to continue to pause each and every day to continue making new friends, both in real life and in the blog world.  I have met so many great women this year, both through my new job as well as through reading y'alls blogs and I want to continue to build relationships with you ladies!  I want to pause and continue to put time and effort in to my little blog and build followers and continue to write things that {I think} people like to read about!!

{five}

I want to pause and spend time with Elli!  I love my little puppy so much but I feel between work, wedding planning, and spending time with Tom, she sometimes gets left out!  I want to be able to take her for walks and enjoy playing with her outside...even if that means I have to wake up at 4:00 AM to fit in that walk!!

{six}

I want to pause and make more time for me. I want to make this the year I get healthy and in shape.  I am marrying the man of my dreams in less than six months and I want to look back on our pictures and say "wow, I am so glad that I lost that weight I wanted to" not "gosh, I wish I would've gotten my butt in gear and lost those 20ish pounds...I would've looked so much better!"  As my cousin always says "wedding pictures last forever!"

What is your word you want to live by this year??  Happy New Year!

Photobucket

3 comments :

Kasey said...

I chose a word for the year too. :-) I started doing it last year and LOVE it. So much better than resolutions. I love your word!!

Magan said...

Great word Courtney! Glad you liked my blog! Hope you are successful in keeping your "word" this year. Happy New Year! XO

Emily @ Dashboard Diary said...

love this! keep up the wonderful blogging!

Blog Design by Get Polished