Friday, January 27, 2012

Current Obsessions

Here are just a few things I'm currently obsessing over...

{one}

Golden French Toast K-Cups

Source: google.com via Courtney on Pinterest


I love flavored coffees!  This one is seriously the best K-Cup I have ever had!  When you brew it, it smells just like maple syrup and is very light.  I have already gotten half of my office hooked on this coffee!

Unfortunately it is a seasonal flavor, so Tom and I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond this past weekend and bought three more boxes.  I may have pouted a little in the store that he would let me buy only three boxes.  And, sadly, I am not kidding!

{two}

Our Fine China


I have loved this china for close to eight years and just knew that it would be my fine wedding china.  I mean, how could you NOT love polka dots?! Luckily, I have a great fiance who let me have final say in what china we chose.  We compromised...I picked out the fine china and he picked out the everyday china...win-win!

{three}

The Giants made it to the Super Bowl!!  The game Sunday night was very nerve-wracking for this family, but we were super excited with the outcome!!  After the game, Tom informed us that we could not change our clothes until the Super Bowl because they were lucky...I seriously hope he was kidding! I'm all for wearing lucky clothes for the game, but they need to be washed!!

{four}

I am loving all of the cooking that I have been doing lately!!  On Saturday, I made a big batch of meat sauce and marinara sauce and froze them for future meals; I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies; and then Sunday I cooked Italian Porkchops, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, and steamed asparagus!  I already have requests to make my brisket for the Super Bowl!!

{five}

We are going cake tasting this weekend!!  I am soooo excited about this!  The place where we are getting our cake from was featured in this month's Southern Living as one of the best places to get cakes from in the South.  So, we know we are in good hands!!  We are planning on getting a strawberry-filled, buttercream frosted wedding cake...I cannot wait to try it!!

{Dad sent me this picture of the cake from when he and Betsy went to check out the bakery--looks so good!!}


Photobucket

4 comments :

Shelli said...

I made that Chili recipe of yours..it was really good! Man that cake does look good.

Melanie said...

That china is absolutely gorgeous! Great choice!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Love the polka dots! So fun, not stuffy china at all...

Jennifer said...

I saw that coffee flavor at walmart last night and seriously debated buying a box! Our walmart had tons, so maybe check yours out if BB&B stop carrying it.
Cake tasting was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning and I wish we hadn't loved the first bakery so much so we could have gone to a couple more for tastings!

Blog Design by Get Polished