Saturday, December 3, 2011

Under the Weather

I have been sick as a dog for the past several days with stomach pains.

After a trip to the doctor's office Thursday, I was sent for blood work and a CT scan of my abdomen.  The doctor thought that it could be my appendix.

I even got a lovely IV.

{What blogger WOULDN'T take a picture of her IV tubing??}
Fortunately, the CT scan came back normal--so no appendectomy for me!!

Unfortunately, that meant that I had to go back to the doctor on Friday to try to figure out what in the world is wrong with me!!

The doctor quickly dismissed my symptoms as some virus "that just has to run it's course."  Those are the worst words EVER spoken when you don't feel well.  I tried to explain to her how much misery I was in and the fact that I have already lost 10 pounds because it hurts too much to eat!

Well, she called me about two hours later and said "well, I see here that you were on antibiotics two weeks ago for strep throat, so it is possible that you have an infection in your intestine."  Gee thanks, doc, way to look in my chart or listen to me!

So, I am currently awaiting my final test results to come back and then hopefully I will be on some medication that will make me all better!

Work has been so accommodating to me while I have been sick; I don't think I will ever be able to thank them enough.  I guess this is one of the benefits of working in a doctor's office--they understand sick!  Too bad I have to miss my company's Christmas party tonight--I even had bought a new dress to wear...

{The dress is all black--the mirror at Stein Mart is really dirty!!}

But on the bright side, it means I can finally catch up on blogging! So, expect many posts to come from me this weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments :

Mommyblogger said...

Doctor's drive me insane! They never really listen or at least not most of them. Glad you are on the track to getting better (hopefully). Looking forward to your posts!

Amanda said...

Hope you feel better soon, Courtney!

Allison said...

I had strep a few months ago. The doc gave me meds that were not strong enough and it came back 2 weeks later. Finally I got the right meds and felt better. Having strep for 2 weeks was miserable. Hope you feel better soon!!

Kate as of Late said...

Feel better love!! Let me know if there is anything I can do!!
<3

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Hope you're feeling better girlie!

Blog Design by Get Polished