Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011 Recap

{Both made with the Red Stamp app for the iPhone...this is such a great app!!}

This Christmas was the first Christmas for Tom, Elli, and I to all spend it together!  Tom and I have been together for four years {fifth Christmas together} and have had Elli for three Christmases.  She spent her first Christmas with me in North Carolina and Christmas last year up here in Virginia with Tom.  Needless to say, yesterday was full of making new traditions for both of us!

Sleepyheads on Christmas morning!
I tried to get a family picture before we went downstairs!  Someone wasn't cooperating!
We woke up early to see what Santa had brought Trevor {Tom's little brother}.  After seeing the Santa presents, we ate coffee cake for breakfast and enjoyed {several} cups of coffee!  My Keurig has been on the counter in the kitchen for all six months of us living here and I have FINALLY hooked Tom's mom on it!  I think we have had more coffee from the Keurig in the past two days than we have for the past six months!

Waiting for breakfast!!
After breakfast, we gave the puppies their first Christmas present.  We recently have discovered that Elli suffers from skin allergies, so we have to watch what kind of treats she gets {no chicken, beef, corn meal...pretty much fish/lamb/sweet potatoes}.  Tom's mom was trying to find something to entertain the dogs while we opened presents at Pets Mart and one of the workers suggested she get to extra large Kongs and fill them with treats she can have and then put peanut butter over the opening and freeze them.  On Christmas Eve, I put together the Kongs for the dogs--regular treats for Simba and special treats for Elli.  They were a huge hit!  I got the biggest kick out of watching them try to eat them...since the peanut butter was frozen, it was nearly impossible for them to get to the treats inside without getting through the peanut butter first!  Plus, they were eating them on the kitchen floor so every time they would lick at the peanut butter, the Kong would spin.  I swear, it doesn't take much to entertain me!







We sat in front of the Christmas tree and opened up presents.  I love buying presents for people; when I'm shopping, I have a list of things in my head that I want to buy for everyone.  I love buying something for someone that I know they are going to love!  I was so excited for everyone to open their presents--some of them I had bought as far back as October and I have been trying so hard to keep them secrets! I have the WORST at keeping presents as secrets--I just get too excited!!

Trevor had been asking and asking for a headset for his PS3--well, Tom and I got it for him for Christmas!  Now we don't have to listen to all of his games anymore...just him talking!  I think it might have been his favorite present...he kind of looks like he is about to land a plan or coach a football game!


Of course, Elli was adorned with a pretty bow {thanks Betsy for putting such beautiful bows on all of our presents...I had to choose the perfect one for her collar!}.  Elli was definitely spoiled for Christmas! Not only did she get a new Kong, she also got a giant rawhide {not on her new special food diet, but it's Christmas!} and so many toys!  And, they were not just from Tom and me! His parents/brother got her so many new toys!  I am a little nervous for what happens in the future when there are grandkids in the picture--we're going to have to rent a UHAUL!




{Simba looked pretty handsome!!}



{Elli loves her rawhide!!}

Mom got Tom and myself Christmas pajamas this year.  She has gotten her, my sister, and I matching pajamas to open on Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember and this year Tom got a pair, too!  Of course, his were boyish though!

{Tom's are camouflage with toy soldiers on them}
{Mine are pink paisley!  Please excuse the wet hair and no makeup!  (I think Elli likes to make it in every picture I'm in!!)}
It was definitely hard not being home for Christmas.  But, modern technology made it much easier!  I got to talk to my family and I also skyped with my sister, Dad, Betsy, M, Poppop, Joni, and her kids, which was really fun!

I also got to help cook Christmas dinner.  I made garlic mashed potatoes, green rice, and an apple pie for dessert!  I did not take a picture of the potatoes, but I did manage to snap one of the green rice and apple pie!  Everything turned out so yummy!!

Green Rice

Apple Pie
We finished the night by watching some episodes of Modern Family and turning in early.  We were all so exhausted from the days activities!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas, filled with good food and family fun!



**Don't forget to enter the My Memories giveaway!  It was originally scheduled to end tonight, but no one has entered so I'm going to extend it a few more days!  So y'all enter...pretty good odds right now!!**

Photobucket

2 comments :

Krystal said...

thanks for sharing the red iphone app, never heard of it. downloading now! :)

Allison said...

Cool App, thanks for sharing! Love the pajamas!

Blog Design by Get Polished