Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Friends Thanksgiving episodes are by far some of my favorite episodes of the series.  Out of all of the Thanksgiving episodes, I think the episode where they play football is my favorite! I couldn't embed the scene from the actual episode, but this is just a short snippet from the episode!



My favorite Thanksgiving side-dish is Green Rice.  Okay, okay, the name might make it sound weird, but I promise you it is so good! Mattie and I have always had to go through the line first to get our fill or else it's all gone for seconds!!  {Plus, I don't like most Thanksgiving food, including Turkey...I know, I know!}  This recipe is from the Taste of the Town cookbook that my grandmother's charity league published way back in 1969!

Here is the recipe!

1 cup raw rice, cooked
1-10 oz. package of chopped broccoli
1 medium onion, chopped and sauteed in 1 stick butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar of Cheez-Whiz {only use about 8 oz.)

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees, until bubbly.

Tom and I are staying in Virginia with his family for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  I have to work tomorrow and then I'm scheduled to work Christmas Eve, so it is just too much to try to drive 5 hours back home.  I am very sad that I can't spend the holidays with my family, but I'm very fortunate to have future in-laws that want to have me around!! :-)

I hope everyone has a great, blessed Thanksgiving!!  Don't eat too much! :-)

Photobucket

2 comments :

Celia said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Victoria said...

FRIENDS thanksgiving episodes are the best :) i love the one when brad pitt guest stars and they learn about ross being in the "i hate rachel green" club. oh how i miss that show.

have a great one!

Blog Design by Get Polished