Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday & Fall Family Pictures, take 2!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know we did!  We ate lunch/dinner about 3:00 pm and rested for a few hours and then I baked an apple pie!  It turned out a little messy, but very good.  We spent the evening snacking on the apple pie and watching Christmas Vacation.  About 11:15, we headed out to Target for their midnight opening {Midnight Madness, as far as I'm concerned}.  The line was wrapped around the building, y'all, like all the way to the loading docks.  And then, the lights went out back there.  I was terrified that we were going to be pick-pocketed.  Yes, I am worst-case-scenario woman.

Fortunately, we weren't at Target for the mega-deals on televisions or game consoles--I had one thing in mind that I wanted and it was TV shows on DVD.  If you have been following my blog for any period of time you know that I love me some TV on DVD.  I fall asleep to a show every night {lately it has been The Closer}.  Last night I got seasons 1-4 of Mad Men {for $7.99 a season/usually between $19.99 and $49.99 a season}, seasons 1-2 of Modern Family {for $12.99 a season/usually $39.99 a season}, and the newest season of How I Met Your Mother {for $12.99 a season/usually $39.99 a season}.  We also grabbed a dock for Trevor's iPod for his Christmas {$29.99, usually $49.99} We saved $181!!  But now, I have to "forget" that Tom got me Mad Men and Modern Family and he has to forget I got him How I Met Your Mother before Christmas!!

I had the hardest time sleeping last night {I think from all the adrenaline of trying to rush around people at Target} that I actually ended up having a conversation with my cousin Lilli via text at 3 AM!  She also braved the lines of Target down in Waco, Texas, but she went for the Kindle...you are a brave woman, Lilli! But, hey, you are a Strickland girl, which means you can SHOP!! :-) {It's in our DNA, I swear!}

Unfortunately, I did have to be at work at 7:00 AM this morning!  Let's just say I've been functioning on coffee today!!

Did anyone else go black Friday shopping today?  What good deals did you score?

Before we had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, Tom, Trevor, Elli, and I walked next door to the open field to take a few pictures {hopefully for a Christmas card!}.

Here are a few of the out takes...






And some winners...











Maybe a couple good ones for a Christmas card??

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday madness!!

Photobucket

2 comments :

tara said...

awwww!! cute pictures!!

Mommyblogger said...

Sounds like you totally scored some good deals! I went out too & I agree, absolute madness!!!

Your family pics are adorable. I definitely think you got some Christmas Card worthy shots :)

Blog Design by Get Polished