Sunday, October 16, 2011

Warm Cinnamon Apples Recipe

Tom and I headed home early from Maryland yesterday so that we could get some things done before work starts back tomorrow.  We decided that instead of going out to dinner, we would just cook dinner.  However, after we left the grocery store, I realized that we didn't get anything special for dessert.

I did what anyone would do--got on my iPhone and googled a recipe that would be perfect for fall and would use things that were already in the kitchen.  I stumbled upon a recipe for "Warm Cinnamon Apples" and realized that not only did I have all the ingredients, but it would be perfect for the cooler weather!!

These turned out super delicious and I wanted to pass it along to y'all!!

Warm Cinnamon Apples

Ingredients: 

4-5 Macintosh Apples {I used Gala...it's what we had and what I prefer!}
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

1. Peel and cut the apples.


2. Place first four ingredients in a gallon-size zip and shake until all of the apples are thoroughly covered.


3. Cut a hole in the zip lock bag so that it is easier to pour into the medium-sized sauce pan.


4. Pour into a medium saucepan and add the butter and water.  Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.



I left the apples simmering while we ate dinner and they were very tender and flavorful!!

Enjoy!! :-)

Photobucket

1 comment :

Ashley M. said...

This looks delicious! I love warm cinnamon apples! I am going to try these this week!! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Design by Get Polished