Monday, September 12, 2011

Recent Happenings

Does anyone else feel like weekends just fly by??  I feel like it was just Monday!

Last week was pretty much a blur for me.  I originally had four interviews scheduled between Wednesday and Friday, but ended up rescheduling one because I just couldn't handle two on one day! I did this to myself; I applied for so many jobs and now they are all getting back to me! I guess when it rains it pours!  On Wednesday, I had a job interview at a University and then Thursday I had a job interview at a local credit union.  As I was getting off of the highway for the interview on Thursday, the school called me back and wanted me to come back and have a background check done {is this a good sign?!}.  I had another interview for a different position at the same school on Friday, so I went by Human Resources and had them start the background check process.  It is a little frustrating because I have to wait to have my drug test done until my background check comes back and I like to get everything done all at once!  Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a background check back?!

This past weekend was spent pretty much relaxing and decompressing from the week!  Tom did take me out shopping on Friday for another pair of dress pants and dressy flats, just in case I get some good news this week {I so hope I do!}.

Last night, we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  I have been wanting some good vegetables for awhile, so I made sure to order lots last night!  I got Chicken 'n' Dumplins, fried okra, greens, and baked apples...YUM! But, man, their portion of Chicken 'n' Dumplins was HUGE! I have enough left overs for two lunches!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

{I will get better about posting pictures...life has just been pretty boring lately!! Also, I'm going to film the accent blog (can anyone say "late to jump on that bandwagon?!") but I'm waiting to do it on a day that I already have my hair and makeup done!  One more thing, I have a giveaway in mind for when I hit 150 followers, so please spread the word about my blog so that I can get everything together for it! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, too!!}

Photobucket

6 comments :

Life With Lauren said...

Hope you hear something soon good luck. The weekends always fly by!

Amanda said...

YAY for interviews! And when did you go from pink to purple? It looks good though! Also, I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in years...

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

i always have all these plans for the weekend - errands i need to get done - then suddenly it is monday morning and i can't even remember what i did with the last 48 hours

Kasey said...

Good luck with the job hunt!! I hope you hear some good news soon!

Can't wait to see your accent vlog! I've seen a few of them and it's so fun to hear the voice behind the blog. :-)

Brunette & Blessed said...

good luck! Background checks and drug tests are a good sign in the job world... lol ironic.

Melissa said...

They don't waste their time on background checks unless they're really interested. Hope you get more good news soon!

Blog Design by Get Polished