Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend seemed like it flew by!  We kept ourselves pretty busy and I think we got a lot done!

Friday night, I applied for FOURTEEN jobs! Goodness gracious, was I ever stressed out!  I hope I get some feedback from all of these applications I have sent out!

On Saturday, we hung out around the house. Now that we know we will be here for another year, I have to get my room in order.  When we first moved to Tom's parents' house, my stuff just kind of got put places...it never got organized!  I cannot stand to live in clutter!  I am in the process of finding "homes" for everything and once I do, I will post some pictures!  Tom and I cooked dinner (baked pork chops, rice pilaf, and broccoli) and I baked a chocolate chip pound cake (recipe found here).  I highly recommend this chocolate chip pound cake...it was very easy to make and super yummy!!

Sunday, we headed out to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two.  Since we waited so long to see it, it was only being shown TWICE!  We ended up going to the 11:30 showing.  It was so good!  I just cannot say enough good things about it!  When it was over, Tom leaned over and said "Well, now I guess our childhood is over."  It is funny to think about, but half of the kids that were in the theater with us, weren't even born when the first book came out!!  It really was the ending of our childhood!

I spent the rest of the day Sunday working on my room! I have made some headway, it is just really hard trying to fit all of my stuff from a one-bedroom apartment (three rooms of stuff) into one bedroom!  We watched Taking of Pelham 123 last night and it was a really good movie!  Lots of action and fast-paced...perfect "Die Hard-esque" movie!

I hope y'all had a great weekend! Don't forget to link-up with me below for Monday's Style File below!

Photobucket

5 comments :

sherri lynn said...

A chocolate chip pound cake sounds delicious! I'll have to look up the recipe. So funny the comment Tom made to you about our childhood being over - several of my friends have made the same comment!

Lauren H. Edmondson said...

I admit it. I cried like an absolute child during HP: DH2. All I could think about was how old I was when I read the first one and how much has changed since then and now it is ALL OVER?! Okay, I'm tearing up now, better stop.

Meg {henninglove} said...

wow 14, i hope you get a lot of interviews!! good luck! what jobs are you looking for?

[SMASH] said...

Hope the organizing is going well. Will keep my fingers crossed for you for all the jobs!

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

wow - fourteen! good luck!!

so here is my job search tip - just a simple little thing - i keep job boards like craigslist in google reader so i can keep track/not miss anything. indeed is a good site too - they kind of compile everything on the internet

Blog Design by Get Polished