Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Survey Time

I'm still in a blogging rut but I am going to power through it!  I thought a good way to do that would be to do another survey, especially for all of my new readers (welcome!).

I found this one over at Love From Texas and thought it covered some topics that the others haven't yet!

Do you have any pets? My little Elli Belly!  And since we are living with Tom's parents', I guess I can include their dog Simba.  The two of them get along so well and play/swim all day long!

What is the last book you read? I just finished the first Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Until Dark, which was really good!!  I started the second one and just started reading Gone with the Wind on my Nook!

Are you or were you a good student?  I made very good grades in high school and part of college.  The job at Outback seriously hindered my ability to study and my grades suffered for awhile.  It was a night and day difference for my grades once I quit! I actually made very good grades my last semester of college! :)  But...I am a huge procrastinator!!

What's you favorite sport? I was a cheerleader in high school so that is my favorite sport (since it was the only one I personally participated in).  I do love a good basketball game (the only sport we had at my school to cheer for...no football) and I love sitting with Tom while he watches his New York Mets, New York Giants, and Duke basketball games!!

Do you enjoy sleeping late? No!! I feel like I waste the day away if I sleep any later than 10 AM!  I do enjoy taking naps though!

What's the weather like right now? Extremely hot! I cannot remember another summer that has been this dadgum hot!!

Do you like your eggs scrambled or sunny side up? Depends on what mood I'm in...I love scrambled either with cheese or ketchup on top but I also love a good "fried" egg sunny side up with butter, salt, and pepper!!

Is your room messy? Depends on which one you mean!  My room that I am living in at Tom's parents' house is extremely organized...I have been told multiple times by his mom that it is the most organized room in her house!  Since I moved in to their guest bedroom, I had to add my own furniture in with what was in there since the dresser that was in there was full of her craft supplies so it is a little cramped but I think I am making good use of the space! (I will get around to posting pictures of it one day!)


"My room" at my mom's house is a different story!  Three days after I got my apartment in college, I came home to discover that the room that I had lived in for ten years had been packed up in to boxes and moved in to my sister's room.  She had taken over MY room in a matter of hours!!  So, my "new" room is still in shambles...three years later!  Last time Tom and I were home I started going through stuff and giving my sister some of her stuff that she had "forgotten" in that room! Seriously, I think she wanted both rooms! (Just kidding, Mattie!)


What do you like better: oranges or apples? I am not an orange person.  I do not like the white stuff (is it called the rind??).  So, definitely an apples person! But, if the question was apples or clementines...it would be a tough choice!

Are you a good guesser? I think I'm a good guesser, but I have a difficult time sticking with decisions.  I am constantly re-thinking my guesses! (Usually my first guess is right, but I end up talking myself out of it!)

Can you read other people's expressions? Yes!  The funny thing is that I have a hard time controlling my own facial expressions.  For instance, if I am in a store and see an ugly shirt I will make a disgusted face...much to the dismay of the person a few feet away with the very same shirt in her buggy.  Oops!! I really need to work on that! (I promise I've gotten better...)

Do you have a job? Not currently, but applying to be a substitute teacher to get my foot in the door for teaching!!

What time did you wake up this morning? 9:10 am

What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Chocolate chip waffle!

What do you plan on doing tomorrow? Hopefully making it to the gym!

What's your favorite day of the week and why? I love Saturdays because everyone is home! I'm a family person and like everyone to be in the same place! (Too bad my family is 5 hours away...)

What's your least favorite color? I'm not a huge fan of orange or yellow...two colors that do NOT look good on me!

Would you ever go skydiving? In theory, I would love to go...I love anything that gives you an adrenaline rush!  However, I am scared stiff of heights and in reality it would never work!!  I'll stick to the roller coasters!

What toothpaste do you use? I'm pretty sure it's Crest with mouthwash beads and whitening in it.

Do you enjoy challenges? I love them! Especially when they involve a list of steps to do! I love to-do lists!

What's the worst injury you have had? I tore something in my shoulder back in 10th grade cheerleading.  Long story short, we were going from a two footed stunt to a one footed stunt and the flyer thought she had all of her weight out of the foot in my hand and lifted it out of my hand to go into a heal stretch and lost balance and me being her base stepped in to catch her...big mistake!  My shoulder came out of the socket and was limp ALL NIGHT!  I left for Disney World the next day and never went to the doctor hoping it would heal.  Unfortunately, it is still messed up to this day, I have no range of motion in it (to do an arm circle, I have to pop my shoulder out and then pop it back in) and it sends shooting pains down my arms!  After three MRIs and a nerve study, they are still not sure what is wrong with it!

What's the last movie you saw? Halloween: Resurrection, the last installment in the Halloween franchise before Rob Zombie sent it all to hell...literally!  I actually really enjoyed this movie...even though it is extremely predictable, cheesy, campy (you choose the adjective).

What's your favorite school subject? Obviously history since I majored in that, but I also loved English, any film class, and math (except geometry...hated that!).

What's your least favorite school subject? Science! Not my strong suit...

What is your favorite animal? I love dogs! I seriously don't know what I would do without my little Elli!

Do you need to do laundry? Nope! I did laundry before we left for North Carolina, so I don't have enough for a full load...yet!

What color are your bed sheets? Light green...but my "special" pillow case is white with my monogram in pink!

How do you like your coffee? I used to drink my coffee black but then I discovered White Chocolate Macadamia Nut creamer...so freaking good!

Do you watch cartoons? I love Scooby Doo!!

Name three things in the world you dislike: cottage cheese, rude people, and peanut butter

Would you ever have plastic surgery? I don't want to say never...but I'm very happy with how I look for now!

Name 10 things you'd like to accomplish within the next year:
1. Marry Tom
2. Find a job that I love
3. Make sure Elli always has a backyard to play in
4. Learn to cook different meals besides my signature pasta!
5. Bake an apple pie and make banana pudding
6. Save money to pay back my student loans while still putting some aside "for rainy days" or as my grandmother says "mad money"
7. Watch movies that I have never seen (I get in ruts where I just want to re-watch movies that I've already seen instead of watching something new)
8. Do something nice for Mattie's high school graduation
9. Cheer on Trevor at his ball games
10. Try to cut back on shopping (this is going to be hard!)

My Favorites:

Restaurant: Mexican or Japanese...I also love Carrabbas!
Season: summer and fall
Type of weather: sunny, mid-70s
Emotion: joy
Color: aqua, royal blue, purple, pink
Candy: Trolli Sour Gummy Worms, Almond Hershey bar
Fruit: Strawberries and bananas
Veggie: corn, tomatoes, okra, squash, zucchini, potatoes, carrots...can you tell I love vegetables?!
Dessert: Apple Pie, banana pudding, Ben and Jerry's Banana Split ice cream
Type of cake: chocolate or strawberry
Magazine: InStyle
TV Show: Friends, The Closer, Rizzoli and Isles, Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, Charlie's Angels, I Love Lucy, One Tree Hill (I am a TV on DVD addict!)
Holiday: I don't think I can choose just one holiday! I love them all!
Sport to watch: Football, basketball, baseball
Flower: Hydrangeas and roses

I hope y'all learned some new things about me!

4 comments :

Amanda said...

I love all these questions and answers, Courtney! I might need to steal a few from you :)

Kristine said...

Um, totally stealing this idea from you! Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to give you the credit… along with whomever you found it from!

Laura Darling said...

I used to LOVE sleeping late, but now I just can't go it! I wake up early during the week for work, but when I try to sleep late on the weekends the latest I can manage is 7:30! Then I'm wide awake! But then I do have awfully productive mornings!!

Jenna said...

I love Friends. It is my all time favorite show.

You have some wonderful goals for the next year, I hope that you are able to achieve them all.

Btw, I totally did this survey on my blog. I made sure to give you credit for it :)

Blog Design by Get Polished