Friday, August 19, 2011

The Naked Palette

About a month ago, I finally broke down and bought Urban Decay's Naked Palette.  I was very hesitant about spending so much money on eyeshadow and was afraid that it wouldn't be worth it.  Well, I'm here to tell you that, in my opinion, it is totally worth it!!




I really like how the colors range from light to dark within the palette.  There are two matte shades (Naked and Buck) and the rest have a shimmer/glitter to them.  I highly suggest using the brush that they include or another flat eyeshadow brush.  The first time I used this palette, I used a fluffy eyeshadow brush and I got glitter everywhere!  The Eyeshadow Primer Potion that they include with the palette is also really nice; it definitely holds everything in place all day long!

One thing that I really wanted to see when I was thinking about buying this palette is how it looks on someone.  So, I took pictures of how I wore some of the shadows to give y'all an idea of how it looks on. {Please excuse my eyebrows...they seem to be out of control in all of these pictures! Also, please excuse the goofy looks on my face...all of these pictures are taken with my iPhone but instead of using the reverse camera, I used the front camera so I could get the flash...so I have a very concentrated look on my face for most of these!}

{Day One}


Here, I am wearing Toasted as a base and Sin as the top color.  I used Hustle as an eyeliner.



{Day Two}


For Day Two, I am wearing Naked as a base with Sin over top.  I also used Dark Horse as the liner.



{Day Three}


Here, I am wearing Naked as a base with Half Baked over top.  For the liner, I used Creep.



{Day Four}


This is the day that we went to the Maroon 5 concert. I wore Sin for the base and Half Baked on top of it.  For liner, I used ELF Black Liquid Eyeliner.



{Day Five}


For Day Five, I wore Naked as a base with Side Car over top.  For eye liner, I used Creep.




{Day Six}


Today, I wore Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion for the base and Side Car as the overall color.  I used ELF Black Liquid Liner for eyeliner.



Overall, I LOVE this palette! I am so glad I ended up buying it!  I justified it by thinking that each eye shadow ended up costing $4/each ($48 total) so each eyeshadow ended up costing about as much as drugstore brand eyeshadow (but MUCH better quality).  One thing I particularly like is that the colors are extremely pigmented.  I know it is hard to tell for the lighter colors, but for me it only takes one or two swipes of the brush on the shadow to get enough product...I really like that for an expensive product because it means that it will last a long time!  My favorite colors are Side Car (kind of a sparkly gray/silver color) and Sin/Virgin (Virgin is more white and Sin is more pink...very pretty over one of the darker colors)...but it is hard to choose a favorite because they are all so wearable!!

I hope that this post helps y'all! I am a person that loves to see how people like products and reading tons of reviews, so I wanted to give y'all my honest opinion about this palette.

**I did not get paid/compensated to write this review...this is just my complete honest review of the product.  Trust me, I had to reason with myself to shell out the $48 for the palette.  When I was looking in to buying the Naked Palette, I really wanted to see what the colors looked like on, so I thought I would help other people out if they had the same question!**

Photobucket

6 comments :

Camylla Leonardi said...

OMG you did such a great job! They all look gorgeous! I wish I had patience to put eye shadow on. I just suck at it! hehee

I'm hosting a giveaway! chance to win a coach wristlet-go check it out. Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend <3

Kate as of Late said...

Gorgeous! You did an amazing job, each day was so perfect!!! Loved the review, and I'm definitely going to start saving for this!!
<3 You look awesome btw!! <3

Betty said...

I was kind of iffy about this palette but I think you settled the question...I'm going to have to have this...ASAP! Great review!

Life With Lauren said...

Love these colors and great pictures!

tara said...

i looooooove the naked palette! totally worth the money, in my opinion!

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

these colors are gooooorgeous

Blog Design by Get Polished