Saturday, August 6, 2011

Life Update

I have mentioned a couple times in various posts what is going on in our lives right now, but have yet to address it head on in a post completely dedicated to it.  I thought that I would give y'all a quick update about what is going on for us!

Two weeks ago, Tom was offered a paid internship position with the Atlantic 10 Conference up here in Virginia.  This job seemingly fell in his lap because he had applied for it back before we graduated from college and had assumed that he hadn't gotten it when he didn't hear anything back during May or June.  When he got the phone call for an interview he was ecstatic!  Not only is the internship a stepping stone for what he wants to do for a career, but it also affords us the opportunity to continue living with his parents for the duration of his internship so that we can save money and prepare for our future.

Now that I know that we are staying in this area for a little while longer, I have started applying for jobs. I applied for 14 jobs last night and am going to keep plugging away at applications hoping that I get some bites.  I am looking primarily for Office Assistant/Administrative Assistant/Secretary/Receptionist jobs but also submitted an application for being a substitute teacher for the local school system.  Teaching is something that I have always toyed with doing, but I will never know if it is something I will actually like until I am in front of a class.

I am very hopeful that I can get a job that is not only full time but one that comes with benefits.  Tom's parents want us to get married as soon as we can and if I could get a job with benefits, that is one more thing that we could check off the list of reasons why we should wait to get married.

On a different note, look at how cute this wine bottle is! I saw it at Farm Fresh the other day and wished that I would have picked up a bottle!  It looks like Elli and Simba!




Photobucket

3 comments :

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

great news - good luck with the job search!

Chelsea said...

Yay! That is such amazing news!! Congratulations to Tom and best of luck to you in finding a job that you love :)

Mags said...

How exciting! Good luck finding a job. I have been there and it can be hard, just keep looking and someone will bite for sure!

Blog Design by Get Polished