Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY Card Flip Book

A few weeks ago, I found a "Greeting Card Keeper" DIY idea on Pinterest.




I thought it was such a cute idea, especially since I keep all of my cards from every occasion.  This way each holiday will be grouped together and I want get the years mixed up!!

Instead of using silver rings, I wanted to use ribbon to make it cute!

I lined up the cards and tried to "center" them, so that they wouldn't all be even on one side, but lopsided on the other (does that even make sense??).  I punched two holes in one card and used a pencil to trace the holes on to the subsequent cards so that they would all be equal.


Next, string your ribbon through the cards...


Tie pretty bows and you're done!!


I should have taken pictures as I was actually doing it, but I think it is simple enough! I hope this inspires you guys!!

12 comments :

Rachel said...

Very cute! Great idea!

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

this is such a lovely idea

MJ said...

I pinned this too. I'm thinking I'll do it with my upcoming birthday cards :)

Dana + Ryan said...

Beautiful! :) Great job making it your own!

Allyce Cripe said...

such a great idea! I just tossed piles of cards I've saved over the years...shoulda known better and made a few books!

Ashleigh said...

awesome idea!!! i have a TON of cards that I am just now finding while we pack to move--- might have to steal your idea!

Life With Lauren said...

I have so many cards stored from special things this is one I will have to do! Thanks!

Ashley said...

This is such a good idea! I can't bare to throw mine away and this is the perfect idea to store them!

Chelsea said...

Amazing idea. All of my cards are currently in a plastic baggie stashed away in a drawer. I like this option much better! Thanks so much for sharing :)

maNda said...

i saw this on pinterest too! i've been wanting to give it a try!

Ashley said...

LOVE this and am DEFINITELY doing this!

Mags said...

I love this idea! I'm not one to keep every little thing, but I have the hardest time getting rid of cards. So this is perfect!

Blog Design by Get Polished