Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 8 of 10 Day YOU Challenge


For Day 8 of the 10 Day YOU Challenge, brought to us by Nicole from over at dancing with sunshine, I have to list three of my favorite films.

Oh goodness me, this one is going to be even harder than listing my four favorite books!!  I am an avid movie lover and have seen many, many films that I consider to be my favorites!

Well here goes nothing...

{one}

Gone with the Wind

{Source}
{Source}
This is just such a great movie! Every single time I see this movie I get swept back to the antebellum south!  It makes me want to put on a hoop skirt and walk around a plantation (seriously ladies, I used to dress up in a hoopskirt to watch this movie...I promise I don't do this anymore...it just makes me WANT to, haha).  I just love how strong Scarlett O'Hara is in this movie!  I even wrote my college admissions letter about Scarlett O'Hara (they said either make them laugh or cry)!!  Obsessed...maybe!

{two}

Alfred Hitchcock thrillers

{Source}
{Source}

{Source}

I am totally cheating on this one, but I love so many of his films that I couldn't choose just one!  My absolute favorites are: Psycho, North by Northwest, Rear Window, and Dial M for Murder.  But, they are all so good!!

{three}

The Help



Source: imdb.com via Courtney on Pinterest


This is a new addition to my favorite movie list.  This movie was absolutely amazing! I cannot get over how well this film was cast...the actresses were exactly how I pictured each character from the book!  Sometimes films that have been adapted from books just don't hold a candle to the original...this one definitely does!!  It will make you laugh out loud and tear up, all within minutes of each other!!

{three-and-a-half}

Father of the Bride, Parts One and Two
Oh my goodness, these movies just make my heart happy!  I own both of them and if I ever see that it is on TV, I stop and watch.  They are just so funny and heartwarming and show that family is everything.  I am going to have to watch these ASAP!!

As I did with books, I am going to have to feature some honorable mentions: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Funny Face, Sabrina, National Treasure (1 & 2), Indiana Jones (all of them), When in Rome, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Chicago, Mamma Mia!, Grease, Life as We Know It, The Notebook, Definitely, Maybe, Knocked UpThe Ugly Truth, Disturbia, The Hitcher (the new one with Sophia Bush), Scream series, The Strangers, Stay Alive and Dead Silence.  Can you tell I like old movies and then chick flicks/romantic comedies/musicals and then all the way to horror movies?! I'm all over the map!!

Go check out Nicole's blog and join up for the 10 Day YOU Challenge!

Photobucket

3 comments :

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

rear window is my favorite movie....and i love gone with the wind too!

Life With Lauren said...

Love the father of the bride movies!

Kate as of Late said...

Looove Father of The Bride part 1 and 2!! I always watch them when they play on TBS randomly.
Also, Gone With the Wind is probably my number one as well!

Blog Design by Get Polished