Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 7 of 10 Day YOU Challenge


For day seven of the 10 Day YOU Challenge, hosted by Nicole over at dancing with sunshine, I have to list my four favorite books.

This is going to be tough, since I love to read and have loved to read my entire life, but here goes!

{one}

The Nancy Drew series

{Source}
Obviously, this is not a recent favorite of mine, but I enjoyed reading every single one of these when I was in lower school!  My mom started out reading them to me when I was in second grade and I just kept on reading them!  I hope to one day have a daughter that I can read them all to!

{two}

The Help

{Source}
I absolutely loved this book!  It was one of the best books that I have ever read.  It made me laugh, cry, and was extremely thought provoking; which I feel are all essential aspects of a good book.  The book did take me several chapters to "get in to" but, trust me, the book is SO WORTH IT!!  I was also particularly drawn to this book because of my degree in history; I have always been fascinated with cultural studies and have a love for modern American history (1900s+).

{three}

Gone with the Wind

{Source}
I am cheating with this one a little bit.  I am only a little ways into this book, but I am loving it so much!  The movie is my favorite movie of all times (followed closely by The Help) so I just knew I would love this book.  I do not know why it has taken me so long to read it!  My grandmother told me the other day in an e-mail that "I think I have another Gone with the Wind book somewhere on my shelf, an anniversary edition that PopPop gave to me.  I may have to read the book again because it has been several years since I last read it. I cannot remember how many times I have seen the movie, enjoyed it every time."  The love for the book and movie must run in the family!

{four}

The Little House on the Prairie series

{Source}
Again, obviously not a recent read, but a series of books that I loved in lower school.  I honestly think that these books gave me my first love of history...I enjoyed so much reading a book about a young girl who was facing unimaginable challenges and obstacles and how she had the strength to overcome them all.  These were great books for any young girl to read!!

This was so hard to only choose four books!!  I have read so many over the years and there are so many that I would love to include! So here are only some of the honorable mentions: Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, the Sookie Stackhouse series, Little Women, The House on Tradd Street, The Girl on Legare Street, Harry Potter series (even though I need to read 4 of them!) and The Twilight saga.

Head on over to Nicole's blog to play along!

Photobucket

2 comments :

Life With Lauren said...

:) I still have some of my old little house on the prarie books in the other room.

Kasey said...

aww Little House on the Prairie! love those books!

The Help is on my "to-read" list.

Blog Design by Get Polished