Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 6 of 10 Day YOU Challenge


I'm continuing the 10 Day YOU Challenge, brought to us by Nicole from dancing with sunshine.

For Day 6, I have to list 5 foods that I love...

{one}

Spaghetti

My mom makes the best spaghetti sauce!  I am sort of a spaghetti snob because I was raised on homemade sauce and do not have a taste for jarred sauce!  My granddad (Poppop) makes delicious Bolognese spaghetti sauce...it is very different from my moms because it has peppers and spices in it, but equally as yummy!

{Source}

Oh, and PS, the best way to eat my mom's spaghetti is with garlic bread, made ONLY this way: use hamburger buns, separate them, place them on a baking sheet, melt butter and spread on top of the buns, sprinkle garlic salt and fresh parmesan cheese...absolutely delicious! I put my spaghetti directly on the garlic bread and eat as a "sandwich"...so good!

{two}

Shrimp Fajitas and Guacamole

I have become addicted to shrimp fajitas and guacamole this summer! I actually just eat the shrimp fajitas with a fork and don't bother with the tortillas and dip them in guacamole.  So good!!

{Source}

{Source}

{three}

Strawberries and Bananas

I love cut-up strawberries and bananas in the morning!  My mom used to always give my sister and me this for breakfast along with a piece of toast...it is my go-to morning meal!  I also LOVE strawberry-banana smoothies...something else that my mom used to make us for breakfast!

{Source}

{four}

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

My mom makes a huge batch of this and puts them in individual freezer pans and freezes them to heat up for dinner on busy nights.  I am seriously considering making a batch of these for us up here to heat up for when we are running all over the place!  I will try to post the recipe for this casserole in the next week...it is really tasty!

{Source}

{five}

Banana Pudding

My great-grandmother (Grandma Byrd) made amazing banana pudding when she was alive.  I have found that the closest recipe to replicate it is the Nilla Wafer recipe.  It is a lot of work to make, but so worth it! I might have to make some soon!!

{Source}

How cute are these individual banana pudding cups?!

Head over to Nicole's blog to play along!

Photobucket

3 comments :

Kate as of Late said...

mmm! You just made me so hungry!!!!!

Brunette & Blessed said...

yes please share your chicken rice recipe! Looks delish!

M@coffeeandkitsch said...

well....now i am hungry....

Blog Design by Get Polished