Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole


A few days ago, I posted about my favorite foods and talked about my mom's Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. I thought I would post the recipe for those of y'all that would like to try it!  When my mom makes it (and whenever I get around to make it), we usually split it into a few dishes so that we can freeze a few for later meals.  It turns out really well after it has been frozen and re-heated!

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Ingredients:

3 cups chicken breasts, cooked (boiled) and cut up
(1) 6 ounce package of long grain and wild rice mix, prepared
(1) can cream of celery soup
(1) 2 ounce jar pimientos
(1) 16 ounce can French style green beans
(1) 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Combine all ingredients, except for the shredded cheddar cheese, and place in a 15 x 9 casserole dish.  Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  Top with shredded cheddar cheese during the last 15 minutes of baking.

**Double the recipe and freeze a casserole for later.**

This is really yummy and perfect to pull out of the freezer and heat up for a quick dinner!


Photobucket

4 comments :

Camylla Leonardi said...

OMG that looks delicious and simple!! Thanks for the great recipe!!

Marcie Chavez said...

I'm gonna try this recipe. I have been on the hunt for freezable casseroles I can make before my new baby arrives :-)

amy said...

Oh my! That looks amazing!!!

Leslie Coxon said...

You just made my day...I was searching thru all the blogs I follow for a new recipe to cook my hubby for dinner tonight and this is looks amazing! Making it tonight! Whohoo =)

Blog Design by Get Polished