Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weekend Recap! {A Little Bit Late}

I have been so lazy this week and haven't gotten around to posting about our long-weekend home!  Well, I finally decided that I needed to get my act together and upload my camera pictures/e-mail my iPhone pictures so that I could post a weekend recap of our time in Lexington!

{Thursday}

Tom and I left Virginia Thursday afternoon.  Boy, was it hot!  The thermostat in the car read 102 degrees, but I think it was even hotter!

{With an action shot of Tom driving and my pink Otterbox!}
I convinced Tom to stop at Sephora in Burlington (which as on the way) so I could possibly pick up the Naked Palette, which I have been wanting for a long time!  They had it in the store which made me so incredibly happy! The woman said that they have had the hardest time keeping it in stock!!



(I think I'm going to do a review of this product later this week...it does not disappoint, though!)

Mom surprised me with dinner and a birthday cake when we arrived at home!

{If for some strange reason you are ever in Lexington, you must go by Fancy Pastry...they make the best icing in the entire world!!}

{Friday}

Friday was extremely busy for us!  Tom had a job interview in Greensboro and I had a dermatologist appointment in High Point at the same time.  My sister went with me to my appointment so Tom wouldn't feel guilty for me going to my surgical appointment alone.  I was extremely anxious about my appointment and Tom's interview, so my nerves were racing when we got to the appointment.  My appointment was with the PA since he was the one that first took off my mole a month ago.  The pathology reports came back reporting "atypical" cells that needed a conservative surgical removal.  I was extremely naive when it came to thinking about how much they would be removing.  The PA made my sister watch the beginning of the surgical removal and she told me that the spot he was taking out looked like a football shape.  Mattie could not handle the blood and almost passed out right after he first started cutting--they had to pause to get her a Coke! Poor Mattie!  She was trying to calm me down by rubbing my leg telling me everything would be okay and then she almost passed out!!

After my appointment, Mattie and I went to lunch at Panera!  I love Panera!  We both got Chicken Caesar Sandwiches and their new frozen strawberry lemonades to drink.  It was so yummy!!


Mattie had a swim meet when we got back in to town and I dropped her by the house to get ready while I went uptown to the bank and to stop by to see my grandmother.  I think the numbing medicine and my adrenaline were keeping me from hurting because that night I was in some serious pain!!

In good news, though, Tom got a call from the Atlantic 10 offering him the paid internship!!  It is near his parents' house and is a ten-month position.  So, it looks like we will be living with his parents for a little longer!  Now, I just have to figure out what I want to do...suggestions??

For dinner we went to Don Juan's for Mexican! I have been on a HUGE avocado kick lately and we got the "table-side" guacamole...it was so delicious and hit the spot!

{Saturday}

Saturday we kept everything pretty low-key.  My "boo-boo" was really bothering me so I just laid on the couch with a frozen bag of peas and watched Grey's Anatomy on Instant-View Netflix.  I did, however, start cleaning up my room at my mom's house.  My sister took over my original room when I got my apartment in college and her old room (my new room) has never been gone through (so basically Mattie had two rooms and all my stuff was boxed up/scattered around in odd corners).  I made good headway on it and you can actually walk through the room now!  Clutter seriously bothers me!

I was finally allowed to shower after 24 hours and remove the bandage...don't look at this picture if you are squeamish!

{Nine stitches...ouch!}
Mom cooked Lemon Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Broiled Okra, Creamed Corn, and Candied Carrots for dinner! It was so yummy! I told her that was what I wanted for my "birthday dinner."

{Sunday}

Sunday morning, we met Dad out at Richard Childress' Vineyard for brunch with his side of the family for my birthday.  Oh my goodness, is it gorgeous out there!  Another huge bonus of this place is that they have wine slushies!  They were too die for!  The kind that I had was "Peach" which tasted almost like a Wallaby Darn...I cannot wait to go back for another one!

{And you got to keep the cool cup!}
I got to open all of my birthday gifts while we were there!  My aunt Joni (who was in town last time we were home) left me a gift with M and Poppop--she got me the Vera Bradley Hello Dahlia large makeup bag that I wanted!  Dad and Betsy got me a bottle of wine, a jar of pickles (I have a serious addiction to pickles), a bottle of lotion, and the large Vera Bradley Hello Dahlia Duffle Bag.  M and Poppop gave me Ahava lotion (which is great for sensitive skin!), Ahava shower gel, and Ahava bar soap.  They also gave me a beautiful bright purple "purse"makeup case and money for a new Longchamp purse.  I was definitely doted upon!!

Since the Vineyard was so pretty, some of us stuck around for pictures!






Saturday afternoon, Tom and I rode down to Belk's to pick up some Clinique makeup.  I got the new Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer and concealer (I might review this as well coming up).

After going to Belk's, we swung by Wal-Mart to pick up a fan.  My room at mom's is so HOT! There is only one air vent in the room and it just doesn't work well enough!  Well, let me tell you, this fan is perfect! It was actually COLD using it!! :)


Best $20 we ever spent!!

For dinner, Mark grilled steaks and baked fish...a very good meal!

{Monday}

Monday morning I had a dentist appointment to pick up my night guard.  It was a pretty uneventful appointment, thank goodness! I couldn't take much more this weekend!

After lunch with my mom (where she ordered my Nook...yay!), we hit the road to head back to Virginia.

It was definitely a whirlwind weekend!  My "boo-boo" is still very swollen and bruised, but I should hopefully hear back the results this week.  I really hope they don't have to go back in to take out more!

But some little girl sure missed her mommy and daddy!


{She's laying in between my legs on my bed!}
I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

8 comments :

Kate as of Late said...

Ooo girly! That looks painful!
It also looks like you had a great weekend!
And CONGRATS Tom!!! Yayyy for an internship!!
Have you thought about perhaps substitute teaching? I don't know anything about licensing but was thinking maybe that would be a good way to get some experience without having to commit for a full year?
It looks like you had an awesome weekend and got some really great birthday gifts!
Hope you feel better soon love!!!!

A Day in the Life... said...

I've been thinking about getting the Naked Urban Decay pallet for awhile... may just have to check into it more :)

Amanda said...

I'm exhausted just reading your post! I hope you'll feel all better soon :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

hope you feel better soon.

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Nicole said...

How do you like Naked? I saw it and wanted to try it but couldn't spend the $$. Is it worth it?

Laura Darling said...

This sounds like a fantastic weekend! (Except for the doctor's appointments!)

Newlymeds said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Hope your "boo-boo" heals!

Lauren H. Edmondson said...

ouch, your "boo-boo" looks painful. hope it heals beautifully!

Blog Design by Get Polished