Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quick Update!

Tom and I headed back to North Carolina today so that I can get my stitches out tomorrow (I seriously need to switch my doctors up to Virginia!).  It was such a long trip!  We stopped by the Tanger Outlets in Mebane (got a new pair of jeans from J. Crew...their jeans are the best!) and then we had to go to Zales to get my ring inspected.  

We rode in rain the entire way but once we got about twenty minutes from my house, it started really pouring, thundering and lightening, and the wind really picked up!  The traffic came to a stand still and I just assumed there had been a wreck because the conditions were so bad.  Much to my surprise, a TREE had fallen onto the highway!  I tried to take a picture as we were driving past it...
This was just the beginning of the tree...it took up the entire right lane!
When we got off of the highway, we saw the a transformer blow and I decided we needed to swing by mom's house and make sure everything was okay.  As I had assumed, the power was out!

For dinner, Tom and I went over to my grandparents' house.  My granddad (Poppop) made homemade bolognese sauce.  It was absolutely delicious! For dessert, my grandmother baked a homemade strawberry cake that was heavenly!! I love getting home cooked meals!! :)

Luckily, when we got home the power was back on!! Yay!!

My doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning with Gary the PA (I'm not trying to degrade the man, I honestly don't know his last name because that is how he introduced himself...not quite sure of my opinion on him...not quite my cup of tea).  Hopefully I will get a clean bill of health and the stitches will come out!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Don't forget to link-up for Monday's Style File below!!

2 comments :

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad y'all made it safely. We can't BUY rain here, so I seriously haven't seen a storm like that in forever. Scary when trees are falling down!

Kate as of Late said...

Soo glad you guys made it safely! Good luck with your stitches love!

Blog Design by Get Polished