Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Movie Reviews for July

Since Tom is busy looking for job, we have had a lot of down-time to see some movies with his family.

Last Tuesday, we went to see Transformers: Dark of the Moon in 3D.  

{Source}
To be honest, I was very skeptical of seeing it in 3D.  The last movie I went to see in 3D was The Final Destination (which would lead you to think it would be THE FINAL Destination, but, alas, they are coming out with another one!).  The 3D effects in that film were horrible!  

However, in Transformers the 3D technology added to the movie, it didn't detract!  It was, by far, the coolest thing I have seen!!  I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't already!!

This past weekend, we rented Rango.

{Source}

Rango was a very cute movie, definitely good for kids and adults!  It had some very funny moments, but did have a lot of "adult language" that I would be wary about showing young kids.  I am a bit biased, though, because Tangled has been my favorite animated movie that I have seen this year!  I'm just a Disney Princess fan!!

However, Rango was very cute and I would definitely watch it again!

I'm really itching to rent Red Riding Hood, but have been hesitant to rent it since we have to usually watch movies with Tom's little brother (who is 14).  I don't care if his parents let him watch rated "R" movies, I don't want to be responsible for corrupting his little mind!!

We are also planning on seeing Harry Potter when we get back from North Carolina.  Have y'all seen it?  If so, should we go the 3D route or stick to 2D?

Have y'all seen any other good movies lately?

5 comments :

Amanda said...

When M and I first started dating we saw movies all the time. I haven't seen a movie in over a month...I guess I need to go start seeing some, especially HP!

Kate as of Late said...

I watched Red Riding Hood a few weeks ago... 2 hours I will never get back!
I watched Harry Potter in 2D, and after reading a ton of reviews I'm glad I did. So far the consensus is the 3D is cool, but it was filmed for 2D, so the lighting is just simply better that way. (And it's already an incredibly dark movie)
I think I'm going to see Transformers tonight, (gotta love a boy who takes me to movies, right? lol) so I will let you know how it is! We'll probably see it in 2D though!

Ashley said...

I just saw Horrible Bosses... was pretty good, some good laughs!

Katie said...

I saw Harry Potter in 3D opening night, it was amazing! I am going to go back and see it in 2D, but if you can see it in 3D, I would!

the girl named Stu said...

just saw Rango - it's soooo good!! <3

Blog Design by Get Polished