Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Questions...

I'm working on blogs for my aunt, sister, and grandmother and am putting together a "Blog Manual" for them to help them learn how to blog since I won't be there to help them in person.

Here are the question/answer sections I have come up with:

{one} How to make a new blog post...

{two} How to edit an old blog post...

{three} How to edit text boxes on blog main page (my aunt has a "Waiting List" on hers)...

{four} How to edit your pages...

{five} How to do basic blog design (changing fonts/colors, not BIG blog design)...

{six} How to "follow" other blogs...

{seven} How to add gadgets to your blog...

{eight} How to check your blog stats...

{nine} How to add a button to your blog (I have already added them, its just in case they accidentally delete it!)...

{ten} How to add pictures/videos to post...

{eleven} How to insert a link into a post...

{twelve} How to embed a YouTube video...

{thirteen} How to link-up with other blogs...

{fourteen} How to comment on blogs...

{fifteen} How to add to "Blogs I Love"...

{sixteen} How to find blogs to follow...

So my question to you lovely readers is: Am I missing anything important about blogging that I should include in their "manual"??

I want to make sure that I set them up for success in the blog world and make sure they have all the resources possible!  I know that when I first started blogging it was another language to me and has taken me over a year to figure out {most} of the ins and outs of blogging and I want them to start off better than I did!

Here is a sneak peak of their blogs (I haven't started my grandmother's yet...she hasn't given me the green-light on her name yet!)



I have spent a lot more time on my aunt Joni's blog but I promised Mattie that I would be done with hers by the end of the weekend!!  Click on the links to see more of my designs!!

I hope y'all have a great weekend!  And thank you in advance for any advice y'all can send my way!! :)

2 comments :

Kate as of Late said...

Maybe how to add linkups to their page? Finding instructions on websites to install buttons in their sidebar? I don't know!
Ps: i realiZed I never responded to your reply, yes, of course I still want you to design for me! I love EVERYTHING you have done so far with Matti and Joni's blogs! I was thinking possibly a header based on my current theme and perhaps matching sidebar headers?
Thanks so much girl, you are tooooo awesome and sweet for doing this for everyone! I was totally serious about you setting this up as a business!!!! <3

Melanie said...

Question- How do you get the border around your gadget headings? Where do you find these?

Blog Design by Get Polished