Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Mountain Trip

On Friday, Tom, Mattie, Mom, Mattie's two friends Molly and Mary, and I headed up to my grandparents' mountain condo near Grandfather Mountain.  When we got up to the mountains, mom made spaghetti and we just hung out around the condo and played Scrabble and put together a puzzle...oh yeah and I finally got to try a Skinnygirl Margarita! It was sooo yummy!!

Saturday, we woke up early and mom fixed a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and blueberry pancakes! Breakfast is by far my favorite meal...I could eat it any time of the day!!  After breakfast we went to the Tanger Outlets in Blowing Rock.  They aren't nearly as big as the one in Mebane but I was still able to find a few goodies!  Most importantly a new pair of running shoes!!  I also got a new pair of jeans from the J. Crew outlet and a black cardigan from the Ann Taylor Loft outlet.  I love me some good deals!


After the outlets we went into downtown Blowing Rock and walked around and window shopped.  I love downtown Blowing Rock; it is so pretty!

That night we went to the Speckled Fish for dinner and it was so yummy! I had a blue cheese wedge salad and it was delicious! Then, I had a chicken dish that was chicken baked with mozzarella with a pesto pasta and fresh tomatoes...oh my gosh, it was so good!  For dessert, Tom and I split a grilled poundcake with strawberries on top! This was so good! Oh my goodness, I am getting so hungry typing this out!

Mary, Molly, and Mattie before dinner!

Tom and me before dinner!

This morning, we woke up and cleaned up the condo and headed home.  Mom is cooking dinner for us tonight and we are having mashed potatoes with cheese on top, creamed corn, broccoli, and sliced tomatoes.  I have missed her cooking so much!!  There is nothing like good southern cooking from my mom!

Some pictures before we left! {My new jeans!!}




I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1 comment :

Ashley said...

sounds like a fun trip =) I would love to go up to the mountains for a weeked -- so sad to get to mountains takes about a day's drive lol =/

I could definitely eat breakfast for any meal of the day!

Blog Design by Get Polished