Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update and Blog Award

This week is getting away from me! I cannot believe it is already Wednesday!!
On Monday, I convinced Tom to take me to the mall up in Norfolk to go to Nordstroms in order to get a new pair of jeans! Well did I ever luck out! After scouring the racks for about ten minutes, I realized that designer denim prices have gone up from lower-mid $100 range to upper $100 range and even higher! I was prepared to spend around the $100 mark and just couldn't justify spending more than that on denim!!  

Well somehow in the back corner of the store, they actually had a sale rack.  I perused it for a few minutes and grabbed about 10 pairs of jeans in a wide arrange of sizes (since I've gained some weight and college happened, I haven't bought a "good" pair of jeans in awhile and didn't know what size I would be) and headed to the fitting room.  After trying on all of the bigger sizes and not loving anything I put on, I finally rolled my eyes and decided to try on the last pair that was my former skinny self size prepared to hate myself for not even being able to get it over my knee caps.  Holy cow, they actually fit! You have no idea how excited I was...until I looked at the price tag.  I got even more happy!!  Whereas the other pairs of jeans were on sale for $100-$120, these babies were on sale for $80!!! Wahoo!!  
To top things off, this mall had an H&M, too!! I got the absolute cutest dress with light blue and white stripes and rope detail...too cute!!  I would include a picture but it is in the wash because it got a little stain on it from dinner last night :-(!

In other news, I have joined the YMCA up here.  I got a great deal and am looking forward to getting my butt in shape!  Do y'all take any group classes at a Y or another gym? I was thinking about going to a Yoga class to try to help an old cheerleading shoulder injury and would love to hear what y'all do!

I also got a blog award from Kate over at Kate As of Late! Thank you so much!! Head over and check out her blog!!


The rules are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them!
2. Tell us something about yourself!
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers!
4. And let them know that you awarded them!

Since I'm having trouble thinking of {one} thing to tell y'all about me, how about I list a couple??

{one}
I like everything and anything in its own specific place.  And since my current bedroom looks like a train wreck, I am having the hardest time concentrating, relaxing, being that is humanly possible.  Luckily, the storage containers that are currently residing at the foot of the bed are heading up to the attic as soon as Tom can take them up there, so I am well on my way to my organization heaven!! :-)

{two}
If you think I'm kidding about loving anything being organized, I promise I'm not.  One Christmas I got a label maker and it was my favorite present.  I swear, I am not kidding about organization. Love. It.

{three}
Despite being newly graduated and unemployed, I still love to window shop in person and online.  I think it could be a sickness.  But I love looking a pretty things that I really want.  Luckily, I have a birthday coming up next month.  My family may or may not already be getting e-mail reminders about my various wishlists...more to come on this later!!

{four}
I love my furbaby, Elli, so so much! Today she had her check-up and she was 99.99% healthy! Great weight, vitals, no heartworm problems, etc.  BUT, her left ear is still bothering her.  The vet put her on more medicine which my little girl does not like me putting in her ear :-(.  They also took a culture to send to the lab, so I am hoping that everything comes back "normal" and that she just has an overactive "wax-maker" and she is just going to have to get used to her momma getting all up in her business to clean out. (Sorry for the non-technical terms, I was too busy trying to comfort my nervous dog and let Tom do the paying attention work to the vet.)

{five}
Pinterest has the ability to occupy hours of my time, even if I don't exactly have it.  But everything is so pretty and as you know, I love pretty things!!

I could go on and on, but I will give it a rest! I am planning on doing another round of the "ABC's of Me" coming up here soon so that all of my new (and old) followers may learn a little something new about me and I don't want to ruin it just yet :-)

I nominate:
1. Sara over at Living Our Dream
3. Michelle at The Vintage Apple
5. Lauren at On A Lighter Note
6. Sydnal at Synfully Delicious
7. Shelli at Everyday Everharts
8. Karli at Very Vidourek
10. Megan at Mackey Madness

I hope everyone has a great afternoon!!

6 comments :

Lauren H. Edmondson said...

thanks so much for the award!! and I am newly addicted to Pinterest and have found myself spending WAY, WAY too much time up there lately too.

Sara said...

You are so sweet Courtney! Thanks for thinking of me :) I've heard about Pinterest but haven't "jumped on the bandwagon" yet...I probably will soon!

A Day in the Life... said...

Thanks for the award! :) I am super organized, as well, and LOVE pinterest!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Loving your blog! New follower here!
:)

Brianna said...

Thank you for the award! It made my day! :)

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for the award, Courtney!!! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you on this!!!!!!!

This really made my day!!!!

Blog Design by Get Polished