Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Help

{Source}


I just finished reading The Help.  I read the book so fast that I did not even have time to update my "Currently Reading" sidebar.

This book was seriously the best book I have ever read.  After I finished it, Tom asks me "Well, what are you going to read next?" and I seriously had to ponder the question.  I finally answered "I guess I will read the other three Twilight books..." but as much as I want to finish off the series, I know that it won't hold a candle to The Help.

If you haven't read this book, you definitely should.  When I first started reading it, I was afraid that I would not be able to get in to the story.  Those fears were quickly erased when I was transported back in time to the early 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi and became completely enwrapped in these women's lives.

Plus, the movie comes out in August and I wanted to make sure I finished the book way before the movie came out.  Seriously though, I have no idea how in the world the movie is going to top the book.  It was that good!!

Don't you worry though, I am eagerly anticipating finishing the Twilight Saga.  I loved the first one and I've heard the other three are just as good!!

6 comments :

Sara said...

I've heard this is a great book and saw the movie poster last weekend - it's on my Summer Reading list!!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I'm reading it right now and loving it! It took me a bit to get into it but now I can't put it down.

Kate as of Late said...

O goodness girl, I did the Twilight Saga a few summers ago... New Moon is difficult to get through, let me tell you. But once you can get through it, Eclipse is worth it and I still haven't decided on Breaking Dawn, 3 years later haha. Let me know what you think though! And I am going to go and look for The Help usedsoon!! :)

Melanie said...

I'm also reading The Help. It is good! As for the Twilight books, New Moon was my least favorite. Eclipse, the third, is my favorite! Hope you enjoy them!

Hannah said...

Oh, I've heard The Help is really good! Our library doesn't have it in (well, it does, but it's on hold or checked our for the next year!). I will have to find a copy and give it a read : ) Also, The Twilight series = Amazing! love. them. ooo... the last one is the absolute best! Ah! I can't wait for you to read it!! : )

Caitlin C. said...

I finished The Help a couple of weeks ago and couldn't agree more with you - it was seriously one of the BEST books I've ever read. After I finished reading it I was sad because I actually missed the characters! Can't wait to see the movie :)

Blog Design by Get Polished