Friday, June 3, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been a bad blogger.  I have a good excuse...Tom and I had to be completely packed up and out of our apartment by this past Tuesday.  Boy, oh boy...I had no idea how much crap stuff I had accumulated over the past two-and-a-half years!!  And the kicker...all of my stuff had to be moved into the guest bedroom at Tom's parents' house...talk about a tight fit!!  Luckily, they have a giant attic which is the new home to most of my belongings that I just don't have the heart to through away!  (And FYI...I did try to get rid of a lot.  Plato's Closet only took a handful of things [passing over several pairs of designer jeans, taking only the really cheap things...go figure] I pulled out the nice things that I just couldn't part with and gave the rest to Goodwill.  So, the Lexington, NC Goodwill is now stocked on Ralph Lauren, Hudson denim, and Banana/J. Crew tops!)

The past few days have been spent trying to unload cars and unpack tubs...and trying to find homes for all of my junk.  Tom's mom keeps telling me that it is just a process and that it will all get done! I hope she is right!!

I will post pics of my new room as well as parting shots I took of the apartment (tear!).  However, I am just hoping and praying that Tom will get a really good job offer soon and we will start looking for a new place to live (oh yeah, and I can start figuring out what I want to do for the rest of my life! Can't I just be a professional blogger??).

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I think we are going to see the new Pirates movie!! Cannot wait!

1 comment :

[SMASH] said...

Packing and moving is the worst, but sounds like you're surviving just fine! Do you have a Buffalo Exchange near you? I find they take more stuff than Plato's Closet.

Blog Design by Get Polished