Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trader Joe's Adventure


This past Sunday, my dad came down and picked Tom and me up to head to Chapel Hill to get lunch and go to Trader Joe's.  I have heard of Trader Joe's but had never been to it before.  It was very overwhelming, if I am completely honest. People were hurrying and scurrying every which way and I couldn't just sit back and look at things.  (I am the person that goes grocery shopping and likes to go up and down every, single aisle to see if anything is new or looks interesting.)


All that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with all of the treasures I got...


Descriptions (Top to Bottom, Left to Right)

 Those bottles of wine were only 5.49 each! They had a sampling going on and I actually enjoyed this wine--usually I do NOT like wine!

The Strawberry Lemonade is heavenly! I have been rationing it...if not I know I would have drank it all by the end of Sunday night!

If you know me, you know I am a pickle fanatic! Dad told me these pickles were very good, so we'll see! I haven't tried them yet, but will keep you posted!

The Pita Crackers are for the Garlic Hummus (yum...by the way!)...a great healthyish snack!

I LOVE Butternut Squash soup and am looking forward to trying this out...maybe dinner tonight?!

We got Tom some tortilla chips and homemade salsa...he hasn't tried them yet, but I will let you know! (Some homemade guacamole would be so good with this too! Anyone have a good recipe?)

The Mushroom Risotto and Mint Peas are both frozen...they will be good for a busy night for a quick dinner!

Have y'all ever been to Trader Joe's? What do y'all buy there?!

2 comments :

[SMASH] said...

Yum -- good finds. We don't have Trader Joes here in Texas but I know how everyone loves that store!

aleasa said...

Trader Joes is AMAZING (except for their weird packaged veggies... i dunno.. can't get with those). i love buying their fresh breads (no preservatives) and most of all.. the TWO BUCK CHUCK!! i haven't seen it here in San Diego since I've moved back, but back home in san francisco they have (or used to have) a special bottle of house wine for $2 each week. perfect for a former vino like me :) And i'm adding a simple guacamole recipe to my site THIS week if you haven't found one yet :)

Blog Design by Get Polished