Monday, April 25, 2011

Orlando Recap!!

Well, here's my long awaited recap of our trip down to Florida! Last week really got away from me...lots of school work to get done since we are in the home stretch now to graduation!!

Last Friday, Tom and I left straight from my classes to head down to Orlando...10+ hours in the car is a long time! I started reading Twilight and read it until it got too dark! As much as I wanted to dislike that book, I'm hooked!  We stopped at Krystal to grab dinner once we got into Georgia...unfortunately not as good as I remembered :-(...oh well!  We got to the condo just after midnight; luckily getting in so late we missed any Orlando traffic, but goodness gracious do people ever drive crazy down there! I decided to brave the driving for the last two hours and I thought we were going to die!

Saturday we just hung out around the resort and went to the pool.  Unfortunately, I'm allergic to chlorine so I couldn't get in the pool, but the weather was so nice that I just enjoyed reading and relaxing!  That night we went to a murder mystery dinner and had so much fun! The whole table, except for Tom, guessed who the murderer was...Tom didn't think it was who we thought it was because it was just too obvious!






Sunday we woke up bright and early to get to Disney World by the time they opened.  Now, let me preface this by saying that I have never been to an amusement park with Tom's family before.  When my family goes to theme parks, we take our time and enjoy walking at a leisurely pace and take our time.  Tom's parents are the exact opposite.  His mom had a plan and we stuck to it! Let's just say it felt like we were training for a marathon! Since we got there right as they were opening, we were able to walk right on Pirates of the Caribbean (first time riding it since they added Jack Sparrow), Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, AND Haunted Mansion!  I could not believe that!  The only ride we had to get a fast pass to ride the first time was Space Mountain!  We had so much fun and I cannot wait to go back!











Monday morning we had to leave super early to get back home.  On the way back we stopped by Tom's grandparents' house to visit with them.  It was the first time that I had been able to meet them (even though we have been together 3 1/2 years!) and we had a great time visiting!  We got back Monday night around 8:30 and it was back to the old grind!  We only have TEN more class days (not counting weekends or days we don't have school ie. today and Wednesday) until exams start! I cannot believe that I am almost done with college! It is so surreal!

I hope everyone has had a great couple days and I will post pictures from Easter soon!

3 comments :

Kate as of Late said...

It looked like you had a blast! So glad you made it back to NC safe and sound! PS: Love the Easter pics on Facebook of you and Mattie! She's sooooo grown up and beautiful! Love you girls!

Ashley said...

yay! you guys were here on the perfect weekend -- the weather was super gorgeous! =) Glad you guys had such a great time

[SMASH] said...

Fun trip. Also glad you got hooked on Twilight. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished