Thursday, April 28, 2011

Can I Just Say...

...that I'm obsessed with True Blood.

Correction, Tom and I are obsessed with True Blood.

We watched the first episode in my Vampires in Literature, TV, and Film class two weeks ago (which, if you've seen it, it is pretty graphic...just a little embarrassing to watch in a room with 30+ college kids!) and I was just beside myself because it ends with the main character getting her butt kicked and I just had to know what happened!

Well, as luck would have it, my favorite place in the entire world (okay maybe just Burlington), Target had True Blood on sale for $19.99 last week! We scooped up the first season, because let's face it waiting a day in between for the discs to arrive via Netflix was just not an option.

Well we got dangerously close to finishing that season and we just HAD to go back and buy season 2. We finished season 2 last night and now have to wait until May 31 to buy season 3! All I can say is now we HAVE to get HBO once we move out of our apartment because I know that after we watch season 3, we are going to be dying to know what happens!  It is an obsession...that I may or may not be proud of at the moment!

(Yes, I am a nerd.  I understand that vampires are not real and that for some reason this class is making me embrace things I never thought I would...case in point: Twilight, True Blood...you get the picture).

I may also just HAVE to go to Barnes and Noble and start reading the Sookie Stackhouse books the series is based off of...I mean for research for my final term paper for the class...of course! :-)

Do any of y'all watch True Blood or read the novels??

2 comments :

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

The hubby and I are into True Bllood too. We started when it was all our friends could talk about. Aaron loves it and I think it just keeps getting weirder and weirder but of course I do have to see what happens!

[SMASH] said...

Isn't it funny how you can get totally wrapped up in a series? We got like that once we discovered Dexter!

Blog Design by Get Polished