Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break Has Begun!

Tom, Elli, and I are heading up to Chesapeake, VA today to spend time with his family! The drive is not going to be too bad this time; I finally got around to buying a cassette adapter for my iPod so we can listen to my music (usually we have to surf the radio stations and when you are in the middle of nowhere, there are no radio stations to listen to!).  I have to read Salem's Lot for my Vampires in Literature and Film by the end of Spring Break and I downloaded it on audible.com and added it to my iPod so that we can listen to it on the way up there! Tom mentioned when we were picking up our books about how it sounded interesting...well now he can "read" it too!!

I also wanted to let y'all know about some new makeup that I have been trying.  I am a loyal fan of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer.  I absolutely love it!  However, I recently ran out and went to Sephora to buy more and was astonished to see it costs $42!! I received my last two containers for birthday presents so I had never actually had to pay for it before!  I know that the tube of tinted moisturizer will last me more than a year, but $42 on one thing of makeup is hard for me to spend (especially now that I am on a budget until we get "grown-up" jobs)!  Well, Tom and I went to Target earlier this week and I stumbled across their new line of "E.L.F." I snagged up their $3 tinted moisturizer and $3 bronzer and, so far, I'm in love with it! It doesn't have the same coverage as Laura Mercier but it is good enough for $3!!  I also found the most adorable makeup brushes from Sonia Kashuk while I was there...so cute and they were only $15! I bought two things of makeup and a brush set for about half of what the one product would have cost me! That being said, I will switch back to Laura Mercier if I can get it for a birthday gift or Christmas gift, but until I get a good-paying job, I am going to have to find the budget friendly stuff.  (**I have extremely sensitive skin, so the jury is still out on the elf tinted moisturizer.  I have had some iky skin this week, which I am attributing to being sick, but I will keep you posted! I love the bronzer though, it makes your skin so soft and gives you a good healthy glow without making you turn orange!**)
Here are the brushes I got...
And the makeup...


Do y'all have any go-to makeup products that aren't too expensive? I'm curious to hear your beauty secrets!!

2 comments :

Krystal said...

ELF is my favorite! The bronzer is amazing. I love their minty lip glosses. Sign up for their email list and they have sales online *all* the time!

Penelope said...

WALGREENS has a alpha Hydroxy tub for $8!

Blog Design by Get Polished