Monday, February 21, 2011

Old School Survey

This survey is courtesy of Katie over at Life in the Fulmer Lane. I thought it was funny and a good way to for y'all to find out a little about me! I am going to edit some of the questions out just for time and space reasons, but feel free to check out her original post her and steal this survey (abridged or unabridged) for your own blog!!

Birthplace? Lexington, NC

Current Location? Burlington/Elon, NC

Hometown? Well...I guess for now that would be Lexington and Burlington since I technically have "homes" in both (but it will all change after graduation!)

Nationality? Extremely fair skinned...my sister got all the tan genes

Eye color? Baby Blue

Hair color? Brown-headed currently...toe-headed as a baby/toddler

Height? 5'6"

Glasses or contacts? Both, unfortunately I am in denial about both.

Piercings or tattoos? I have my ears pierced; I am not fond of pain or needles, sorry.

Single or taken? Engaged to my amazing fiancé, Tom

Sibling names? Only one sister: Mattie Sue (we are Southern...I'm Courtney Hill)

Right Handed or Left Handed? Right Handed, except for how I stand- which I don't know if it necessarily has to do with handedness. When I have surfed, snow boarded, or shot a gun I stand "goofy" or as I call it "screwy."

Any pets? My furbaby Elli Belly who we rescued two years ago this Spring!

Your greatest strength? Family.

Your greatest weakness? Hard-headedness and procrastination.

Your parents names? Mom, Dad, Markie Poo or Paw Paw Markie (sorry, Mark)

FAVORITES

Favorite color? Aqua

Favorite flower? Hydrangeas

Favorite college basketball team? Depends on who in my family I am with when you ask me: Dad and his sister went to NC State, Mom went to Salem, her dad went to Duke, my uncle went to Wake Forest, Mark went to UNC, and Tom is a H-U-G-E Duke fan. I guess my alliance goes to Tom and the Duke Blue Devils.

Favorite Holiday? It is a tie between Halloween and Christmas. I love all of the scary movies on television over Halloween! However, I love Christmas because I get to spend a lot of time with my family!

Favorite physical feature on yourself? My dimples and my blue eyes (everyone else in my immediate family has brown or hazel colored eyes).

Your favorite pizza topping? I like cheese but Tom likes pepperoni, so I make my pizza naked.

Favorite alcoholic drink of choice? I like frozen girly drinks but if I'm at my apartment I LOVE Wild Cherry Mike's Hard Lemonade. (I do NOT like any beer and only a few wines, hence the girly, fruity "beer")

Favorite guilty pleasure? Chocolate. Reality TV.

Your favorite lunch meat? ummm...I've never been a big lunch meat fan or a PB&J fan either. When I was little, disgustingly enough, I ate butter sandwiches with the crusts cut off (my pediatrician actually fixed these for me, I was friends with his daughter). I then became fancy schmancy and ate cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off--which is still my favorite go-to sandwich!

Favorite thing to do with your guy? I love spending time with Tom doing anything. We can be walking around Target or having a nice dinner, I just love being able to talk and be with him.

Favorite place to eat a romantic dinner? Is this on a college budget or with infinite amounts of money? Let's assume the latter...I absolutely love going to the Melting Pot. It is so yummy and intimate. For those of you that have never been, you start out with a cheese fondue of your choice, then go on to the main course (which you get to cook at your table!), and then finally, my favorite, the chocolate fondue desert! So good!

Favorite season? I really, honestly love all four seasons but I am partial to summer...especially after the winter we have had!

Favorite cartoon character? Scooby Doo and Cinderella

Your favorite food? Can this be my favorite meal(s)? I love my mom's lemon chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and her spaghetti and garlic bread (not at the same time). Her spaghetti is the only spaghetti sauce that I will eat.

Favorite ice cream flavor? Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and Banana Split. Yum.

Favorite subject(s) in school? Well seeing that I'm a history major, English literature minor I'm going to have to go with Math and Science...just kidding. I have always been a history and literature nerd.

Favorite candy? Hershey bars and Trolli gummy worms

Favorite breakfast cereal? Depends on the mood I'm in, but definitely kid cereals: I love Trix, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Frosted Flakes with either bananas or strawberries cut up in it. But, I never eat cereal at home. I've been on a granola with yogurt kick the last couple of weeks.

Favorite person in your life? Tom, Elli (fur people count, right?), and my family.

Favorite book of all time? Gone with the Wind, even though I haven't read the whole thing yet. Other than that (which probably shouldn't count) I enjoy reading James Patteron's Women's Murder Club book series.

Favorite song? I have over 2200 songs on my iTunes...do I really have to pick one?

Your favorite park? I assume this means theme park and I'm going to have to go with Disney World!

Favorite place to be? Disney World or the beach.

Your favorite sport to watch on tv? I take really good football naps.

Favorite TV show? If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that I'm a TV addict. However, my two favorites would have to be Friends and How I Met Your Mother.

Your favorite number? Probably 17- my birthday and our anniversary

Favorite fast food restaurant? Chick-fil-a

Who is your favorite Disney Princess? Cinderella: When I was 4, I dressed up like her for Halloween and refused to take it off. I wore it to preschool, the grocery store, and to bed.

What would you consider your favorite tv station? Depends on what I'm watching.

Favorite names for son/daughter? Have some ideas but am years away from using them yet!

What is your favorite part of your life right now? Enjoying my last couple of months of school (forever!) and enjoying being engaged to Tom. And laughing at my furbaby for anything and everything she does because she is just too darn cute!

WHICH DO YOU PREFER

Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, but I do like chocolate syrup over vanilla ice cream!

Alcoholic or non? I'm not a huge fan of alcoholic beverages, so I'm going to have to go with non; but it depends on where I am and what I am doing.

Scary movies or comedies? I honestly like them both, but my genre of choice is scary. But, not when I'm home alone- then I'm comedy all the way!

Short or long hair? Definitely long hair. I am having serious issues with my hair as it is growing out; I swear it is getting thicker not longer!

Croutons or bacon bits? Ew, neither.

Beach or lake? Beach- I don't like that you can't see the bottom of a lake (probably from the fact that I have seen to many scary movies i.e. Friday the 13th!)

McDonalds or Burger King? McDonalds

Pepsi or Coke: Coke!

Starbucks or elsewhere? Starbucks, when I am not on a budget! Mmm Venti nonfat caramel latte!

Dogs or cats? Dogs, but I do love cats too. I actually had my kitten Duchess from 1st grade until spring break of my freshman year of college.

DO YOU's

Do you sing? I love to sing, but never in front of people besides my family and Tom.

Do you want to get married? Hello...I'm engaged! I'm pretty sure the next step is marriage!

Do you get along with your parents? Yep

Do you want children? Yes, Tom and I absolutely want children in the future!

Do you drink? Yes

Do you like to travel by plane? Absolutely! Except it is scary when you fly by yourself for the first time (when you are 20) and have a layover in Atlanta and don't understand why there is a subway in the bottom!

Do you still watch cartoons? I am a Scooby Doo fanatic. I DVR the originals. I swear, my children will only be watching old-school cartoons, the new ones have too much violence and bad language/phrases I don't want to hear come out of my future little ones' mouths!

HAVE YOU EVER?

Have you ever fired a gun? Yes and it was so much fun! I told Tom that I had finally found something that I was good at!!

Have you ever loved someone? Why past tense?? I am in love with my fiance!

Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? Hello...haven't I told y'all the story of when Tom and I first started talking at the party that got busted by campus police??

Have you ever cried for no reason? I believe that ever time I have cried it has been for a reason; even if it is extremely embarrassing-like the animal abuse commercials on tv set to the Sarah Mclaughlin song.

Have you ever cut your own hair? Yes, my bangs and I will never do it again. They were originally angled bangs, but ended up angling the wrong way when I was done with them. Oops!

SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE MATURE

What bill do you hate paying the most? Duke Energy is robbing me blind! Rent stinks too...I think they are robbing me too!

What did you want to be when you were growing up? A teacher or a lawyer.

How many colleges did you attend? Just the one--Elon!!

What errand/chore do you despise? Vacuuming just because ours is broken!

What are your views on marriage? I am so looking forward to it!!

What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best? I have been told that I look like Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line...it's our chins...they jut out...and our dimples.

What do you want to achieve in life? I want to be the best wife to Tom that I can be and raise a family.

What goal would you like to achieve this year? Get in shape for our wedding, graduate, and get jobs!

What books are you reading? For school I'm having to read Dracula, Love in Excess, and Pride and Prejudice for this week!

SOME RANDOM QUESTIONS

What do you want when you are sick? Miso Soup

What country would you most like to visit? I would like to go back to England and Ireland and also I would like to go to France and Italy.

How many pillows do you sleep with? Three

What is the best way you document your life? Blogging and taking lots of pictures!

WHATS THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR...

Love and Romance...Tom

Music...iTunes

School...Elon

Politics...The View

The internet...information

Abridged my fanny, I think I ended only knocking out about 10 questions! Well, now you know a little more useless information about myself and enjoy completing this if you want to!

3 comments :

Ashley said...

I LOVED learning more about you girl =) I may have to do this for tomorrow =)
BTW - I big pink puffy heart phish food!!!

Jen Watts said...

The chocolate and reality tv make up for the fact your a Duke fan!! (I kid I kid)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Just saw your blog...I live in Burlington too! Well, actually Graham! Do you know Courtney Corr? I think she is a senior at Elon too! Small world. Maybe I'll see you in Target or Starbucks sometime?

Blog Design by Get Polished