Sunday, February 20, 2011

Maybe the Groundhog was Right!

It has been absolutely gorgeous here this weekend! Friday, Tom and I went on a nice, long walk which is one of my favorite things to do with him because we can actually talk without distractions (usually the television, laptops, or cell phone interrupt us!). After that, we went to the steakhouse on campus and got dinner. They have the best crab cakes ever AND we can use our meal plans there which means, essentially, a free date night! We topped that night off by watching Shaun of the Dead...this is one of my absolute favorite comedies! If you have not seen it, rent it! It's hilarious!

Yesterday, Tom was busy all day calling the Elon Women's basketball game for the radio station and then filming the Men's game. Fortunately, Elli and I took full advantage of the 70+ degree weather! We sat outside on our patio and I did work while Elli sunbathed and chased her ball around. Since Tom was busy all day and night, I met my mom, her boyfriend Mark, and my sister Mattie at a delicious pizza restaurant in Greensboro called Sticks and Stones. If you live around here, it is definitely worth a taste-test! We feasted, literally, on appetizers of "Friendly Fire" and "Rescue Blues" and then Mom, Mark, and Mattie split the "Firecracker" pizza and I got "To Be the One" with pepperonis on it! I just couldn't bring myself to eat the anchovies on the Firecracker so I got a little one for myself and to take back for Tom. At the end, we got two of the Peach and Walnut Cobblers with vanilla ice cream which were absolutely divine! Plus, they have Cheerwine which is the quickest way for a restaurant to forever endear themselves to my heart!

Unfortunately it is a little bit colder here today so we are catching up on a lot of our school work so that we can maybe not be quite as crazed around here as we were last week!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished