Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Top 2 Favorite Gifts






Today's Top 2 Tuesday topic is our Top 2 Favorite Gifts! This one is really, really hard!
1. Jewelry
I have been lucky enough to receive several pieces of jewelry from my grandparents over the years that are family pieces. When I turned 16, my grandmother gave me a set of pearls that her father had given her for her sixteenth birthday. She has also given me a beautiful diamond and aquamarine ring that was her mother's, a multi-gem bracelet, and a silver bracelet. My other grandmother has given me several broaches that were her mother's as well as a beautiful silver bracelet. I enjoy getting family pieces instead of new because it is something that I can continue to pass down once I have children/grandchildren. Plus, on the same note: my beautiful engagement ring is my most prized possession. It represents the greatest gift I have ever received, my fiance Tom!

2. This is going to be silly, but I love getting television seasons on DVD! It is even better than watching them on DVR because you have the entire season right at your finger tips! Tom and I have an embarrassing amount of seasons, but in our defense we watch them instead of TV at night to fall asleep...
We have all ten seasons of Friends, The Closer, How I Met Your Mother, Reba, One Tree Hill, Charlie's Angels, Grey's Anatomy, I Love Lucy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Royal Pains. I am also currently eyeing Glee, the newest released season of The Closer, and Rules of Engagement!



Also, last Christmas my mom got me the anniversary box set of Gone With the Wind, my favorite movie of all time. I haven't gotten Tom to sit down and watch it with me all the way through, but this was one of my favorite gifts that I have ever gotten because it was so meaningful!


1 comment :

Kit said...

Your ring is so pretty and classy looking! Great choices!

Blog Design by Get Polished