Thursday, September 9, 2010

Beautiful Thoughts on a Thoughtless Thursday

It's Thoughtless Thursday over at Life in the Fulmer Lane! For one of my classes, we had to read the play "Our Town." I read this play back in freshman year of high school, but it is amazing how differently I interpret this play as a college senior right when I am about to start a new chapter in my life as graduating and getting married! The moral of the play is that if you spend your whole life focusing on the big picture, then you waste away many precious "little moments" that you can never get back. Pretty much what my mom is always telling me: "stop putting the cart before the horse."

I thought this quote was beautiful and really spoke to me, mainly because Tom and I are approaching our three year anniversary and it is amazing to think about all the changes in the big picture while we have been focusing on our own little picture. Three years means a lot of change!

"Three years have gone by.

Yes, the sun's come up over a thousand times.

Summers and winters have cracked the mountains a little more and the rains have brought down some of the dirt.

Some babies that weren't even born before have begun talking regular sentences already; and a number of people who thought they were right young and spry have noticed that they can't bound up a flight of stairs like they used to, without their hearts fluttering a little.

All that can happen in a thousand days.

Nature's been pushing and contriving in other ways, too: a number of young people fell in love and got married."

Have a fabulous Thoughtless Thursday!

1 comment :

Mrs.Vid said...

I love that too! :) Hope you had a great day yesterday!

Blog Design by Get Polished